How long on clear Liquids?

Lizparks
on 6/23/09 2:57 am - HACKENSACK, NJ
Hi I had my band replaced on Friday on an emergency basis.  The surgery the second time around is rougher than the first for me.  Incisions are OK but I have little to no energy and having difficulty breathing.  Dr thinks I may asthma.  My first surgery was a breeze but I prepared for it ,this time it caught me by surprise thus I was not prepared.
I now have a realize band and I am prayerful that all of my problem will now be over and I will once again be on the losing side.

How long on clear liquids?  I stayed on clear liquids for two weeks the first time but it appears from everything I read it is only i week.  What were your post op band eating stages?  Thanks

Newbies don't fear I was banded 5 years ago and had an old band it has improved greatly. 

Banded 6/4/2004
294HW/272SW/186LW/258CW
Band Replaced after slip
6/19/2009
258SW/Onderland

Rachel DiLo
on 6/23/09 9:37 am

for me, my nutritionist gave me a packet that explains each stage and im pretty sure they all last a week. stage 1 is clear liquids, stage 2 is full liquids, stage 3 is pureed foods, stage 4 is soft foods, and stage 5 is the advanced diet. hope all works out!!

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

kathkeb
on 6/23/09 10:50 am
I was only on clear liquids for days 1, 2, 3 and then moved on to Full liquids.

Kath

arielared
on 6/23/09 1:19 pm - Stamford, CT
One week per phase, unless you're having difficulties, in which case the time is extended.

Good luck to you.  Kudos for your perseverence.

grandbaychick
on 6/24/09 2:20 am - Grand Bay, AL
For me I had to be on clear liquids for 2 days after the surgery then onto full liquids for 2 weeks.  Now I'm starting on my pureed foods which lasts another 2 weeks. 
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

Most Active