How many incisions?

PSJ71
on 6/23/09 4:14 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hello all.

I went to my preop appointment today and finally settled on the Realize band. Yipeee!! Anyway, my doctor has just started doing one incision surgeries and he looked at my tummy and said he will start with one and take a look inside and if my liver shrunk enough and is nice and soft and pliable, he will do a one incision on me. He doesn't go more than 4 though. So, I was just curious if anyone else has had any less than 5?

Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Mary B.
on 6/23/09 10:47 pm - Southern, MD
I have 4. The big one for the port, the small one above to hold up the liver and two down farther on each side of my stomach. Unfortunatley, I had an allergic reaction to the tape they used to cover the bandages so I have scars around my tiny incisions where it 'ate' my skin. Those are bigger than the incision marks.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

knailnhair
on 6/23/09 11:45 pm - Milford, NJ
I have 4 incisions....1 large one for the port and 3 small ones.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

grandbaychick
on 6/24/09 2:14 am - Grand Bay, AL
I guess I'm an unfortunate one with 5 incisions.   They really weren't bad at all though.  Three of them are really, really tiny and then one for the port and one further down that was a little bigger then the tiny ones.  It really wasn't bad.  Only the bigger two were sore after surgery. 
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

nbella
on 6/24/09 6:38 am
I have 2. My doc wanted to do two but ended up with 2. One for the port and one small one right under my breast. That one never hurt.
SlimNanny
on 6/24/09 10:00 am
I just had surgery on 6/17 and I have 5 incisions.  Two smaller ones near the bottom of my belly, 2 up above that  (1 big one which I assume is for the port) and 1 further up on my belly  just beneath the middle of my breasts.  I may have an extra one because my doctor repaired a hernia at the same time.  The only one that was sore was the bigger one and it's still sore.
jazzyone30
on 6/26/09 12:42 pm

when i saw my surgeon in the beginning she wanted to do it in 5 but the day of surgery she came up to me asked me if i wanted to have it done it 2 ... they had some new tools that they wanted to try out so i said sure :) one under my breast and then the belly button..

PSJ71
on 6/26/09 12:49 pm - Blanchard, OK
He also stated if he couldn't do one. He would surely try the 2. One in the belly button and the other elsewhere. I was excited to hear that!! That's awesome you got yours done that way.
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

destinydog
on 6/27/09 12:06 pm - hopatcong, NJ
i got 4, there pretty cool when they are healad and ready to be tattooed, i am getting a treasure map with a chest of gold under the port conecting them.....

Most Active