Got my 2nd fill 5 days ago and NOW I can't hold down food

tlcapo
on 6/23/09 10:38 am - landenberg, PA
I had my second fill on Fri morning and everything was fine and the days that followed were fine until this afternoon (Tues). I started with lots of gas bubbles and belching even when I drank water. Had stomach discomfort when I tried to eat some chicken. This evening  2 bites of dinner and I  had terrible stomach pain and ending up vomiting at least 8 times and terrible gas bubbles. Could my band be too tight after all these days???   This passed after about an hour and once again I feel fine but am not going to try and eat anything tonight. Will call the Dr in the morning.
Tooty
on 6/24/09 4:56 am - Germantown, TN
Did you get to speak with your Dr. yet?  I am curious to see what he said.

I got my 2nd fill on 6/15.  I had some of the same problems as you.  I think I was taking too big of bites (the first few bites especially) and eating too fast.  I definitely get the gas bubbles and non stop burping while eating most of the time.  The first 7 days were like this.  This week has been much better, although my band is tighter today then it has been the past two.
I was loosing lbs prety good, but I have stopped the past two days.  So, I am not sure if I am too tight or just right. 

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
tlcapo
on 6/24/09 6:00 am - landenberg, PA
I did see the doctor today and he said that maybe I ate too big of a bite, but he also took out 1/2cc of saline for now. I am feeling much better and the band is still tighter than before-- I hope that it is just right but we will see-- Good news is that I lost 2lbs since Friday's visit. Good luck.
Most Active