Need motivation and tips

tinabug2
on 6/24/09 8:00 am
I really don't see that I am sabotaging myself because I lost 50 lbs on my own before I decided to have lapband.  I am determined to be in better health and as you said, it's a tool that I needed for the eater that I am.  I am not much into sweets,breads,pasta's but I am a volume eater and I knew that I needed something to help me control that, so in that way, the band is doing exactly what I wanted.  I've only gotten 2.5 cc's in my band and it helps tremendously.  I've lost the same since the fill on the 12th of june as I did since the surgery on may 15th.  I am diabetic so I'm hoping that by controlling my carbs better, my levels won't only be under control, which they are quickly becoming, but that my body will slowly stop producing the insulin it is used to because of overeating.  Insulin puts big time wt on you.  I can say though that the hormonal tides are hell on me.  I am hungrier and crave sweets and chips at that time when I don't other times.  I have been trying to break up my eating into small frequent ones at that time and I will have the two chips and a miniature candy bar ONE time through out that week, up to me when that is.  It's better than eating everything I can lay hands on to satisfy what that little bit will.  I am just a work in progress and doing the best I can, and I wish the best for you too.
Most Active