hungary????

over50woman1
on 6/19/09 6:10 am

Do  any new bandsters get hungary?  How about those of you who are 1 year out or more?  Hope to banded in near future.

Margie

baboomer
on 6/19/09 11:58 am, edited 6/19/09 11:58 am - CRAWFORDVILLE, FL
hey over50, i had the realize band 11 months ago(07/23/08) I'm down 88 lbs,so glad i did. i started curves 6 months before surgery and continue today besides use  my gazzel for 6-8 min a day. i eat small  meals 4-6 time a day, so i don't get hungry and drink plenty of water . i eat anything i want, but you have to remember to eat very slow and chew chew chew.
  good luck in the  with banding                             later baboomer
nbella
on 6/23/09 12:33 am
I am on my 4th day of being banded. And the answer is yes we get hungry. Everyone tells me that I will get hungrey until my first or second fill. I am just trying to eat more jello, popciscles and pudding. Just try to stay postive that everything will be ok.
Mary B.
on 6/23/09 5:01 am - Southern, MD
Yes...you will be hungry.

No...you wont be starving and able to scarf down a large meat lovers pizza or a steak and cheese with french fries. Nor should you

The surgery is on your stomach not on your brain...oh how I wi**** was! LOL

Once the swelling right after surgery goes down, your appetite will come back. It took me about a week after surgery to start really wanting to eat anything.

After that, and before your first couple fills, you will be hungry and you will be able to eat. That is what is lovingly called Bandster Hell. I was not able to eat the same volume as pre op, but basically could eat what ever I wanted. It could take a couple months of work on your own. I know I wondered what I had done to myself. Why did I go thru all this just to diet on my own? But...ive come to realize that slower is better because I am forced to learn how my band works instead of being thrown into the fire. Now, there are a few blessed people who just start dropping weight from day one, but that is not the majority and I would not expect to be one of those people...they are equivalent to winning the lottery! LOL 

The way I look at it is...surgery installs your tool, but it takes a couple months for it to settle in and be turned on...but once its turned on...its turned on!

Good luck to you!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active