1st fill experience - is this normal?

sillygirl18
on 6/17/09 11:39 pm
Hi everyone!  I am an unusual case as I have the Realize -C band over my Gastric by-pass due to enlarging of my stoma.  Anyway -  I had my first fill yesterday.  I swear I could feel the saline run from the port into the band.  He put 3.5 cc in the band.  I felt perfectly fine right after.  I could drink water - no problem.  Then as I started my drive home I felt a little nauseous.  No problems the rest of the night with liquids.  I feel just fine today.  I ate some oatmeal and noticed some restriction.  Its not optimal, in my opinion, but some is better than none.  I have also noticed that when I had some water this morning I started burping a bit -almost like I needed to get the air out of my tummy before the water took its place.  Am I normal???
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sara
zparticle
on 6/19/09 12:19 am
That burping feeling right after a fill is totally normal.  At least it is for my, it's strange but it goes away eventually.
Mary B.
on 6/19/09 12:51 am - Southern, MD
Sounds pretty normal to me...especially if the water you are drinking is cold. If I drink anything really cold too early, I start to 'gurgle'.

Sounds like you are on your way to restricion after your first fill!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

sillygirl18
on 6/19/09 1:01 am
Thanks you two!
I feel better today - a couple of days later.  I can tell I have restriction already.  For that I'm very thankful.  I ate a little too fast last night and I had to lay down for a couple of minutes just to let things settle.  Lesson learned.  Fortunately no other side effects as I was pretty good at limiting the quantity.

I had been constantly hungry for over 2 years from my stoma opening up wide.  Having some restriction back is the BEST!
Most Active