New to post

mclaprade1015
on 6/16/09 9:08 pm - Westhampton, MA
 I was scheduled for a lap-band in December 2007.  We then had an emergency in our family, which totally derailed me.  I am now back, bigger than ever, of course, but am looking into the Realize Band this time around.  Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

50 lbs lost pre-op-the rest is post op.

The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. CheryL

Mary B.
on 6/17/09 12:14 am - Southern, MD
Hey Cheryl. Welcome

Do you have a new date for your surgery or are you still deciding? There is so much info here, Im sure you will be well prepared.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Tom C.
on 6/17/09 12:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Welcome Cheryl !!

Glad to know you're back on track. Know we're here to help you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mclaprade1015
on 6/17/09 1:34 am - Westhampton, MA
Just restarted the process yesterday.  I called the surgeon, and the insurance company, and am waiting for paperwork for both.  Unfortunately, I have to do the process all over again.  But at least I know what to expect.

50 lbs lost pre-op-the rest is post op.

The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. CheryL

arielared
on 6/17/09 7:47 pm - Stamford, CT
I hope that your family troubles have eased.

Good luck on your repeat journey.  As you said, you know what to expect in the pre-op phase, so good luck with it all.

Best wishes for your success.
Ariela
Cynthis99
on 6/18/09 9:07 am
Hello there! Glad you are getting back on track. I have not been banded yet, I am getting the Realize band on July 7th. My surgeon just switched from the lapbands to the Realize bands. I have done a lot of research and I am glad that I get to have the realize band. Good luck with everything...Take Care...Cindy
sheriberi29
on 6/18/09 12:05 pm - Cleveland, TN
You will love the realize band, it has a huge network of support like the lapband but it has alot more personalized options, after you surgery the "realizemysuccess" website is opened up to you and you will be amazed. It tracks your weight loss, goals, appointments, has recipes and keeps up with your nutrients when you enter in your food journal, it also allows your Dr. to track your progress as well, it is Great so far I am 7 days post op....Good Luck to You
Most Active