I need your help after post -op!!!!!

rock2008
on 6/16/09 5:59 am
I had my Realize Band surgery on 4/15/08. I have lost 34 lbs. so far. I am having alot of personal problems that keep me stressed out. This is causing my appetite to spiral out of control. I have seen my doctor for my first tightening of my band. I am still able to eat most anything without any complication. I am so frustrated with myself as I still have 70+ lbs. to go to reach my goal. I need some ideas as to what to eat that will make you feel full and how do you handle "excessive" stress in your life to avoid the need to eat...eat...eat!  I have practically stopped my protein at this point for the last 2-3 weeks. My wife is ill, my hours at work have been cut back, my son is unemployed with 3 small grandchildren and the list goes on!!!! My sugar levels were accpetable for the first 2 weeks, but I now have to go back to my shots for now. Please give me feeedback in regard to what I need to do to get back on and stay on track!!!! I am so mad at myself, but the emotional side keeps in control!! I want to hear back from everyone, PLEASE!!!!
ckb70
on 6/16/09 6:38 am - Morrisville, PA
Go back and see your mental help professional for support...this will help.  You will have a support system that will be on your side.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/09 6:42 am, edited 6/16/09 6:43 am - Farmervile, LA
I agree, you should look into returning to see the Mental Health Professional that completed your Psych Eval. It sounds like you know exactly what you NEED to do, but emotionally, you are not following what your head is telling you to do. Maybe talking to someone about the emotional side of things would be a start to figuring out your triggers and eventually being able to control the urge to eat when you experience them. Good luck!

Something else that I just thought of; maybe jumpstarting would also be a good way to get back on trac****il you can figure out a routine. For example, I just had my first fill and my doctor put me back on the liquid diet for two days afterward. Since starting it back yesterday, I have already lost a couple of pounds and I'm staying incredibly full because it's constant drinking. That has given me a new look on it and kinda reminded me about what it was like the first week, which encourages me. Just a suggestion.
msd_2472
on 6/16/09 11:07 pm
I'm so sorry about everything that is going on.  I personally find that prayer works the best.  Jesus Christ can help along with your dr.  I will have you in my prayers!  Don't give up!

Tooty
on 6/16/09 11:30 pm - Germantown, TN
First stop and take a deep breath.  Try and find some alone time for yourself,  maybe go for a walk.  It is important to be able to relax and think about taking care of yourself before you can help everyone else.

I know how you feel about not having any restriction, but hang in there it does come.  I just had my 2nd fill and boy can I tell a difference!!  What everyone says is true, you just have to keep plugging along.

Good Luck!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Mary B.
on 6/17/09 12:23 am - Southern, MD
I totally agree with Tootie. Please take a deep breath. Believe me, I know (sure we all do) how overwhelming things can be at times, but you have to take some time out for yourself every day. Start with 15 minutes if you can find that. Just sit and breathe and try to clear your mind is a good way to start, or better yet, take a short walk...by yourself.

Then...What do you mean by complaing about only losing 34 lbs?! That is something you do not need to be stressing over! You are doing FANTASTIC! But, since you are having hunger issues, I would go low carb...just a suggestion... My DH does great with it, and hes not even banded. His carbs mostly consist of nuts and low carb wraps and condiments.

Restriction will come. I had surgery back in Feb and I just reached restriction last week. There are many people who take alot longer, so I am grateful for that.

Please try to relax, I KNOW it is hard, Im having a hard time too myself right now, but getting all worked up is not going to help anyone but could hurt you. Hang in there!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

karrenn
on 6/17/09 3:41 pm
I am sorry for all your burdens, things will get better for you.  The better you take care of yourself the better you can handle the issues with your family.  My opinion....... get back on protein.  Remember protein keeps you feeling full longer.  Start the day with a protein shake and a second in the evening.  I also find creamed soups, very filling.  Get back to the basics of the program. Remember protein first, and drink water in between meals. You can do this. Talk to your doctor and the nurses, they want you to be successful and are there to help you.  Good luck.
Most Active