The closer it gets

tgrar
on 6/16/09 12:48 am
Ok I am just a little more than a week out for banding and my family is becoming more  vocal against it. As I eat dinner they say you know you won't be eating like that after surgery and what makes you think you will be able to stick to it? What about hypnosis? What are you gonna do at night when you can't sleep? You can't drink like that! I mean give me a break. I tell them that the band won't let me. Well, they will be changing their tune once it is done, because there is no turning back.  
Rachel DiLo
on 6/16/09 4:17 am
hey im really sorry you have to deal with that right now! just stay positive and dont let anyone bring you down. better yet, just use it to fuel the fire to prove them all wrong =) your so close now!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Tom C.
on 6/16/09 4:34 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

If they say it again make sure you ask them how much crow are they ready to eat when you ARE successful !! IT WILL WORK - as long as you follow the rules !!

We're all behind ya. While I know we're not family, we know you WILL do it !!

Know we're here to help you in any way we can !!

See you on the loser's bench - which is really the winner's circle !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Rhonda Burkhart
on 6/16/09 5:09 am
I'm right there with you!  I had to tell my mom that I've changed my mind about the surgery because she was worrying herself sick about it and then her being sick was stressing me out!  I know I shouldn't have to lie about it, but I did!  I'm getting my band (tomorrow) for ME!  I am considerate of my mom's concern, but I still feel this is a good option for me that's gonna work. 

Good luck with your surgery.  Do it for you and your health!  BE STRONG

Paulette L.
on 6/16/09 9:23 am
Rhonda,
Hey just wanted to wish you good luck with your band. I am now on day 7 post band and doing well. It really does "work" at least so far. I am on clear liquids and dont get me wrong I am HUNGRY but even just drinking 4 oz of water fill the band up! I start protein tomorrow. Wishing you a nice easy procedure!
Paulette

(start wt. 210, current 186, goal 150) Surgery Date: 6/10, Doctor Katz, PA

tgrar
on 6/19/09 1:10 am
thank you so much for your support. only 5 1/2 days left  
tgrar
on 6/16/09 11:07 am
I would like to thank you all for your support. I will be banded and I will not let them stop me. I do need all of your prayers it will make it easier and you will be in mine.  
Most Active