Just sensitive or normal?

motherpagel
on 6/16/09 2:14 am
I feel good except when I eat.  Yes, I am following the rules..1/2-3/4 cup servings, small bites chewed well, eating slow put my fork down between each bite, drinking 64+ ounces of water, no drinking with meals etc. 
The problem comes on the the first thru third bites.  I start hiccupping,belching whatever you want to call it esophogus spasms and often I slime or throw up.  This even happens when I have my morning oatmeal.  This even happened with jello.  Often I hear the water gurgling through the stoma and sometimes even water causes burping.  Often it just plain hurts to eat.  Is this just the band working or is something wrong.
My Dr seems to think I am not following the rules. His PA threatened that if I didn't stop throwing up and sliming they would have to remove the band.  I'd stop it if I knew how.  I don't want to cause damage/slippage.  I have had x-rays and an esophogram that were normal.  I have had fluid removed three times.  I may be empty now.  The Dr didn't tell me last time I went in and fluid removed.  He just said I should feel almost immediate relief.  This didn't happen.
Please let me know if I am just being overly sensitive to the band or if this is not normal.  Anybody who has gone this way please talk to me.

Sharon

wildheart63
on 6/16/09 3:51 am, edited 6/16/09 5:44 am - IL
hiccup/burps are my soft stop...but i will get them if i eat to fast or drink to fast.. try protein shakes in the morning to see if that helps ,also i drink some hot tea before i eat so it kind of primes the band and loosens things up a bit...you are very normal.....i have tried secveral foods that i know i cannot eat...no breads of any kind.even toasted hard crusty...whatever! steak is a no-no! no pasta,oatmeal i have to eat really slow and very very tiny bites!
just try the hot tea before you eat see if that helps....
good luck to you.
i have had my issues too but i think i have worked on them and have ben ok,i have slimmed and thrown up, my fault but i have 8cc now (since friday) and have been fine with watching very carefully
lori

skelly
on 6/16/09 6:40 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
I've seen posters on the Lap Band Forum refer to this as "first bite syndrome".  You may want to do a search of all the posts by Jean over there.  I know that drinking something hot before eating is recommended for people who experience this.

Most Active