Just up and down

maxie505
on 6/16/09 12:05 am
Hi all bandsters.  I was banded on March 27 and I have had one fill.  I've lost 32 lbs to date but over the last 3 weeks, I have 2 lbs that I lose and gain, and lose and gain.  I want to lose 90 lbs altogether, but at this rate, it's looking pretty hopeless.  Any idea how to break this cycle I'm stuck in?
Tom C.
on 6/16/09 4:31 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Maxine,

First words of wisdom  .. STAY OFF THE ^#)$*#@& SCALE !! It will make you crazy ..

Second words of wisdom .. RELAX .. What you are going through it what we all go through. And remember, normal (skinny) people go through this their entire life.

Third words of wisdom .. To break it - give it time. It should happen on it's own. If not, take stock in what you are eating. Make sure you're following the rules, and eating and drink the amounts you are suppose to. Make sure you're not eating 'fatting' stuff. BE HONEST with yourself

Final words of wisdom .. Do some excercise and see what happens. And if you are exercising, remember muscle is heavier then fat - so while the scale may not move, you may really be losing size (fat).

Know we're here for you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 6/16/09 4:58 am - Milford, NJ
Just relax....you're not even 3 months out yet and you've lost 32lbs already...that's about 10lbs a month...that's great!!!

Keep up the great job...follow your Doc's instructions and it will come off!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

kathkeb
on 6/16/09 9:00 am
this is so normal with any weight loss plan ---- you have been losing 10 pounds a month for 3 months.

remember, the 'average' is 1 - 2 pounds a week - and you are right in that upper range.

Your body is going to 'hold-release' weight in spurts --- you are probably 're-arranging' pounds during this time ----

don't freak out ---- give yourself a break from the scale --- keep doing what you know is the right thing to do (eat less than you burn, drink, move more) -- the scale will eventually  move down again!
Kath

whiterabt
on 6/16/09 9:04 am
I had 97 lbs to lose when I had my surgery almost 11 months ago.  In that time, I've lost 40 lbs.  That much weight loss in a year is something to be proud of.

That being said, a loss of 32 lbs since the end of March is phenominal.  You are going to experience plateaus no matter what.  I had a few that lasted 2 months or more.  Finally, I joined Weigh****chers to get the ball rolling again.  It's been working like a charm.

When feeling discouraged, look at your weight loss charts, take your measurements or get onto OH and read about other's successes. 

If you're anything like me, you've been dealing with your weight your entire life.  If it takes a few years to get to where you want to be, it's still insignificant compared to the _rest_ of your life!

Best of luck,
-e
maxie505
on 6/16/09 10:16 pm
Hi Everyone
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  I'm going to try to exercise more and my second fill is in 2 weeks.  I think maybe if I write everything down it may help me to see what is wrong if anything.  It's so hard not to focus on the negative, when you've thought that way your whole life.  But thank you again for all your responses.  It reminded me that I do have a positive!
Carol
zparticle
on 6/19/09 12:35 am
Just like many others I went through the exact same thing and now I'm loosing a lot and consistantly.  The body simply needs to adjust.  Good luck. :)
Most Active