Calcium citrate advice?? New bander

poodledoo
on 6/15/09 12:17 am
Hello All,

I am @ 3 weeks out .  I am having trouble figuring out the best choices for calcium choices.  I know I have seen some advice on here before regarding calcium but can't find the posts.  Could some of you give me some suggestions that taste good or are either small enough to swallow?

Thanks
Poodledoo
My Ticker
Bo-belly
on 6/16/09 1:43 am, edited 6/16/09 1:56 am
I just have the Viactiv from Walmart.  My surgeon said those were okay...he's more concerned about his RNY patients having the calcium citrate.
skelly
on 6/16/09 7:03 am, edited 6/16/09 7:04 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
We have some calcium citrate tablets at home that my husband bought...they are HUGE!  Chewable calcium carbonate are gonna have to do!   My surgeons office said that Viactiv are fine.  I also sneak some of my kid's calcium supplement gummy bears...because they are YUMMY!

ceedott
on 6/16/09 8:14 am - PA
If you go to the drug store and ask the pharacists they can show you chewable ones and the taste is not bad.. i will send you another post with the name of the chewable calcium pills i take when i get home tonight..
arielared
on 6/17/09 8:07 pm - Stamford, CT
I have not yet reached this phase (am three days post-op), but I read about people raving about the delicious Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium citrate supplements.  Click on this link for their website.  The chocolate and lemon seem to be big hits.  I will be ordering these when my turn comes.
Best of luck,
Ariela
fl2bfit
on 6/19/09 10:23 am
I like the Celebrate chewable strawberries and cream.  Bariatric Advantage mint losenges are fine too...  I haven't found a pill I like - too large.  I used BA vitamins - including the calcium - for over a year prior to surgery with good success.  I personally don't like the Celebrate multis - I just don't like the taste - the latte is the best IMHO...  So, I'm going to order BA vitamins again and continue using them - I think Celebrate is a bit better formulation, but if I HATE taking them what's the point?  Look at Nashua Nutrition - good prices - free shipping with I think a $99 order.  Also, with BA you can get the bigger sizes - 3 month supply - which saves money.  I prefer the berry multi with B vitamins.  You can also join their frequent buyer plan and save 10% on your orders...   Hope this helps!!
Most Active