Silly Questions?

bailey2008
on 6/14/09 12:29 pm - Searcy, AR
How naked were you when you had your surgery?    Were you able to keep panties and bra on?
Did you have to have a catheter?   The reason I ask is when I have my surgery it will be at the hospital that I work at. And I know most everyone in the OR.
Thanks
Bailey
Tom C.
on 6/14/09 9:22 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

You have one of those robes on and NOTHING ELSE !!

Funny story .. I never had an operation so I didn't know what to expect. .. When I went in I knew I had to wear the robe. That was no biggie - but I didn't know I had to remove my underwear. I swore I could keep them on. Well I almost walked out and canceled the operation because I wanted to keep my undies on. Needless to say, cooler heads prevailed, and I had the operation despite my shortcomings

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
skelly
on 6/15/09 6:06 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with

Hey now, don't forget those sexy, tight, white stockings!  At least I didn't have to be embarrassed by my lack of a pedicure!

grandbaychick
on 6/15/09 7:19 am - Grand Bay, AL
All I had on was my hospital gown and my message leggy things.  Did not have to have a cath put in (Thank God!)!  I now it can be a little embarrassing especially since you know them on a personal level but I would'nt worry too much about it.  They are professionals afterall.  They see these kind of things everyday.  Good Luck!
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

Bo-belly
on 6/16/09 1:59 am
No catheter for me, either.  I would think that they would take EXTRA care of you (and your dignity) because they know you and are friends with you.  At least, I would!
tgrar
on 6/16/09 3:40 am
I would not worry about it. They have seen it all before. It doesn't matter if it is a vagina or penis believe me, they have seen it all big ones  ,little ones, everything in between, shaved,. unshaved it doesn't matter and it would be very unproffessional of them to say anything. After all I am sure 50% of your friends have the samething as you. Good Luck and don't sweat the small stuff.  
arielared
on 6/17/09 8:12 pm - Stamford, CT
Nekkid as the day you were born!  Well....plus some hair.

I tried to keep my bra thinking that it wouldn't interfere and would keep my breasts out of the way, but, NOPE.  As for catheter, I believe that don't use that for banding but only for bypass.  As has already been said by other Bandsters here, your co-workers are professionals and will respect your dignity.

Good luck.
MissyBee27
on 6/18/09 6:12 am - Nashville, TN
 Yup... like everyone said, nothing on underneath! I actually woke up in recovery in a different gown than I went into surgery with. I try to forget that when i go see my doctor. :)

Missy B

Started my new life on June 1, 2009. And I can't wait to see the new me!
I Started a Blog: www.missybeeblog.wordpress.com

Most Active