I just got my BAND...yeah!

Paulette L.
on 6/13/09 12:45 am
Hello all. I got banded on Wednesday and due to some really bad quizziness (medication related I think) I had a bad start...but as of today I can hold liquids down and feel MUCH better. Crystal light is wonderful, jello it the best now. I am sure in another day of so I wont be saying that but for now it is progress!
I went for me first walk since being home and it feels good. Now I am going to take a rest and watch some tv...just wanted to say hi to all.
Regards,
Paulette

(start wt. 210, current 186, goal 150) Surgery Date: 6/10, Doctor Katz, PA

Mary B.
on 6/13/09 1:51 am - Southern, MD
Congratulations!!

Keep up that waking...it does wonders!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

kathkeb
on 6/13/09 1:51 am
Welcome to the land of the loser's!!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now.
Make sure to rest -- and walk in between -- to build your stamina and to release lodged gas.

Check in often and let us know how you are doing!!!
Kath

arielared
on 6/13/09 5:21 pm - Stamford, CT
Congratulations on your new life.  How's the queasiness today? 

I'm getting banded tomorrow!
Paulette L.
on 6/13/09 8:51 pm
Good luck on your surgery! I am no longer sick witch is great...I feel better and better each day. I have taken very little pain medication the entire time (nothing really hurts) and my incisions are healing nicely. I have been walking as much as I can (still tired) and as they say it really does help in many ways. The harderst part now is getting in the 64 oz of fluid. This morning was the first time I noticed my urin is a little darker than it should be so I really need to get my entire 64 oz in today (came close yesterday). Good luck with your recovery and email if you have any quesitons. I am no expert but we will be going thru this experience at the same time! Get some rest!
Paulette

(start wt. 210, current 186, goal 150) Surgery Date: 6/10, Doctor Katz, PA

lclark525
on 6/13/09 11:13 pm - Florham Park, NJ
Congratulations! Happy to hear that you are feeling better. I get banded tomorrow and hoping that all goes well.
Tom C.
on 6/14/09 3:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Paulette - CONGRATS and welcome to the loser's bench !! Know we're here for you if you need us !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active