Anyone get sick right after surgery?

kathkeb
on 6/14/09 7:48 am
I got a patch behind my right ear just before surgery -- to help with nausea.

Then, right after surgery, when I stood up to use the bathroom, I felt woozy and they added something to my iv ---- have not felt sick since then.

the 'behind the ear patch' came off 72 hours after surgery.
Kath

dolphin13glass
on 6/14/09 11:40 am - Thurmont, MD
Hi Cindy,
I too have had my gallbladder removed, back in around 2000. With that surgery, I threw up, but not till a few days later. I've had to be put under for different things through out the year and never got sick from anastesia. When I woke up with the band, I only got nausuos (spelling?) when I moved right after surgery. They gave me something for it and it went away immediatley. Talk to your surgeon about your concerns so they can be prepared and give you meds to prevent you from getting sick, or at least try. Good luck!

skelly
on 6/15/09 5:53 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
I was given a motion sickness/anti nausea patch for behind my ear, too.   I'm prone to motion sickness and altitude sickness, so I know how dramamine makes me feel. That first evening at home I was feeling woozy and thirsty, so I took off the patch.  Bad idea.  I wound up getting really nauseated and threw up.  When I called the doctor to let him know, he asked about the patch and I had to admit that I had taken it off.  Oops!

Most Active