3 days out... is this normal?

sunshine86
on 6/11/09 8:13 am
So I haven't had much of an appetite since my surgery on Monday, but I've been forcing myself to drink water and protein shakes to stay hydrated. (In moderation, of course!)

I drank a few ounces this morning.... and sat down to watch a movie (I'm still stuck at home, recovering!)

And I felt this really weird gurgle gurgle whooooosh feeling.

It's kinda like when you ge****er from a water dispenser.... and then the bubbles rise to the top? "blub blub blub" That's how it feels, at least.

Is that how it feels when it passes through the band? Or are my painkillers just making me loopy?? LOL

It doesn't hurt or anything... it's just a weird sensation.
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

kathkeb
on 6/11/09 8:49 am
This sounds like what I experienced.

I had surgery on Friday -- and it took about 5 days to get my appetite back --
I have definitely been a little 'gurgly' ---

My doc says that it will settle down in a few weeks.

good luck!!
Kath

AnneMarie M.
on 6/11/09 11:45 am
I was banded a week ago and I have the same thing! It's kind of embarrassing when it gets loud!
Tom C.
on 6/11/09 11:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
This is normal - and mostly because of the water is "expelling" the "gases" that were used during your operation.

Now wait until "other sounds" emit from you :) !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
wildheart63
on 6/12/09 3:20 am - IL

first of congrats!
second your swollen...surgery takes time to heal. the stomach is a muscle so it will be battered for awhile...the girgle swooshie thing is normal...i feel that now sometimes with restriction....your all good
 plus you still have all that gas in your sytem from the surgery.

good luck
lori

Mary B.
on 6/13/09 1:55 am - Southern, MD
LOL! YUP, Normal!

Mine eventually went away after a couple days, but now its back since I have restriction, especially if I drink something cold!

Congrats on your surgery
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Sandra H.
on 6/13/09 10:52 am - Sherwood, AR
I'm two months out and I don't remember that, but I did have difficulty getting enough fluid.  Had to really work at it.  I didn't get an appetite till right at a month. My Drs nurse said they do a lot more inside than it looks like by your scars. Hang in and good luck.

Most Active