Hiccups

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/09 9:21 am
I am experiencing more and more hiccuping when I eat.  I start out with small bites and chew well, by the time I have my 2nd or 3rd bite I begin to get pain in my esophogus area (??) and the hiccups.  It is strange because I do not feel like I am over eating.  I have heard we can stretch
our esoph., but this happens at the beginning of eating.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
wildheart63
on 6/11/09 3:27 am - IL
my hiccups are my soft stop....but sometime they ae from eating too fast.....slow down and pay attention to your band...it;s a learning curve,you'll get it!
good luck
lori

Tooty
on 6/11/09 6:21 am - Germantown, TN
You might be swallowing air, but my first thought is that you might be trying to pb or are almost stuck....I find when I start getting hiccups (they are more like burps) I am usually a little stuck....

Maybe this is something different..not sure what you mean by hiccups....the pain is what makes me think it is pb'ing or stuck issues....

What is it that you are eating when this happens?
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 6:26 am
Hi - Sorry - what is PBing?
Tooty
on 6/11/09 6:47 am, edited 6/11/09 6:47 am - Germantown, TN

PB - stands for Productive Burp. 

When I hear "hiccup" I think lots of small, sometimes big, hics....

PB- is like a hiccup, but also kind of like a gagging sensation...It seems to be deeper coming almost from the gut, rather then the diaphram in your chest like a hiccup.

The times I have felt what you are describing have happened when I took too big of a bite of something.  It has happened also with bread too. 

LilySlim - (OdX3)
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 6:50 am
Thanks for clarifying.  These are def. hiccups.  The kind that can go on for a bit.
There is a need to burp sometimes - but I can't always burp.
It happens with all food - not every time - but with any variety.
Def. a question for my next Dr. visit! 
Thank you so much
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/09 6:52 am
PS - Sure wish I were in your state today.  I have a bunch of friends in Nashville at
the CMA Fest.  I could not make it this year.  I love Tennessee!!!!!!!
Tooty
on 6/11/09 6:58 am - Germantown, TN
It is rainy here anyway....

I have never been to the CMA's, I think it would be fun though.

Good Luck!  I bet you are just swalling air when you are eating. 
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
motherpagel
on 6/15/09 3:46 am
I am having the same symptoms.  I can hardly eat oatmeal with out this happening.  I am frustrated with DR and others sayng I am eating too fast or taking too big of a bite.  I take 30 minutes too eat my 1/3 cup of oatmeal and stop  with some left in the bowl. I am tired of medical tests.  I just want to stop bping and pain.  I have had fluid taken out three times with no relief.  I don't even know how much they took out last Wed.  but it has not improved.  I pbed  jello.  Please let me know if you find out anything that might be helpful in this situation.
Most Active