The big day is Monday!

rmewife
on 6/10/09 4:58 am
Hi all!  This is my first post.  I have spent a few day's reading other's posts and now I am scared.  Will this work?  Oh gosh this has to work.  I am so sick of being fat and uncomfortable in my own skin!  It just seems so many people have said it didn't work.  I just know if I feel full sooner I will eat less.  That's the goal, right?  My Dr. has me on the Atkins diet right now to shrink my liver for surgery.  I am finding even this hard.  Oh how I miss sweets!!!  I feel like if this is this hard how will I be after sergery?  On the other hand, if I could lose weight on a diet then I wouldn't be needing the help of the Band.  I don't know, maybe I'm just have the jitters and thinking too much!!   Rambling???  Ya I guess.  I think I just need someone to tell me who has been where I am that everything will be ok.  Thanks everyone, look foward to getting to know you all.  Dana
kathkeb
on 6/10/09 9:52 am
Dana --

I was where you are about a week ago -- nervous about taking this step.

So far, no regrets on my part!

As far as the actual surgery goes, it was really no big deal.
I had mine scheduled at 7:30 am and was home in my own bed by 11am the same day.

I wore loose clothes, and slip on shoes -- but brought a pair of socks to wear because my feet are always cold.

A pillow for the ride home is helpful -- hold it to your tummy ---

Have clear liquids on hand for the first several days

good luck!
Kath

Mrs_Desire _
on 6/11/09 12:26 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
Everything will be okay. Being nervous is a part of the process.

As for surgery, once they put you in that room for pre-op... they are going to knock you OUT. You are not going to remember a thing!!! When you wake up they are going to shoot you with some pain medication and you will be OUT like a light again!!!

I will have to say from my experience there are some UPS and then there are some DOWNs to this Realize Banding. But it is all apart of the process until you get to that ultimate restriction!! I am still in my quest for the ultimate restriction.

If you have any questions about what I ate or dranked after surgery, just visit my blog. I have been venting a lot lately so just ignore those parts... LMAO!!

Calm your nerves.... you are about to join a many of people whom have been where you are right now. If you have any questions and/or comments, please feel free to email me.

~D~

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Tom C.
on 6/11/09 11:06 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good luck on Monday - and let us know how it turns out !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
lclark525
on 6/13/09 11:17 pm - Florham Park, NJ
Good luck! Tomorrow is the big day for me also!
Most Active