Mooshie foods

dolphin13glass
on 6/8/09 5:39 am - Thurmont, MD
Hi everyone! I got my band on June 2 and have been on my clear liquids. Can people start giving me ideas or some recipes for when I start mooshies? I don't want to get bored and would like something that are fun to make and taste yummy. I'm so excited I'm Realized!!! Thanks and I look forward to your good ideas!!!

Cynthis99
on 6/8/09 6:27 am
Congrats on your realize band! I will have mine on July 7th, so Im close behind you. I too am a lil worried about the mooshie foods stage. So, I will be following this post with you...Hope we get a lot of good ideas!
Farmgirl58
on 6/8/09 7:15 am - AL
Hi, I just finished the mooshie food stage and am on reg. food now.  For the mooshie foods which I only had to be on for one week.  I would throw some bush barbeque beans in a blender, put them in a bowl, add a little shredded cheese and micro for a min or so.  Pretty tasty.  I have also blended up grilled steak...it comes out finer than ground hamburger does.  I ate a lot of cream soups....V8 has a couple good soups....broccoli, and also butter nut squash soup...both are pretty good.  You can put just about anything in a blender and whirl it up.  The sky is the limit.
I have also whirled up veggies.  Best wishes for a successful journey.  So far it has been great for me.  Farmgirl58
kathkeb
on 6/8/09 8:48 am
Do you have to do a week of Full Liquids before your mushies?

www.worldaccordingtoeggface.com has some great recipes for all stages.

My doc recommends
thinned oatmeal
cottage cheese
refried beans
ricotta cheese/marinara sauce (heated --tastes like the insides of lagagna)
scrambled eggs (loosely scrambled)
anything else you can puree --- like tuna,
applesauce
baby food
mashed potatoes
Kath

knailnhair
on 6/8/09 10:58 pm - Milford, NJ
I'm on mushies too....I'm eating alot of Tilapia fish, Tunafish, Scrambled eggs. Park Skim String Cheese, Chili, Ricotta and Sauce (tastes great!!). Anything you would feed a baby. Over cooked veggies are good.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

RobynJC
on 6/10/09 12:56 am
Hello,

Three things I relay on are: 

Cottage cheese - blended with fruit  or jam until it is the texture of yogurt

Polenta - cooked with chicken broth and kept fairly loose

Carrots and Potatoes - roasted with garlic, parsley and other spices. A little bit of butter or oil.  Bake until browned and then blend it.  Very tasty.

The biggest thing I noticed when eating purees is that I missed smells.  The carrots/potatoes mix was a Godsend because it smelled wonderful and that made it satisfying.

Congrats on the surgery and good luck. 

Robyn
grandbaychick
on 6/10/09 7:22 am - Grand Bay, AL
I can't wait for this stage.  I just had my surgery the day after you!  I feel like I've been on liquids FOREVER though! LOL  I'm ready to eat something different!
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

MissyBee27
on 6/10/09 4:50 pm - Nashville, TN
 Meeee tooo!! I've been on liquids for 2 weeks (counting pre-surgery) and I can't wait to get to mushy food! 3 more days! I can start that on Monday! Then 2 weeks of that... then real food! Surprisingly though, I haven't has as hard of a time as I thought I would. Maybe because I'm afraid if I eat too soon, I'll mess it up or hurt myself or something? I don't know... but i haven't even really been tempted to eat anything. Surprised myself... but I'm proud of myself for having such good self control! I hope that it lasts! I can't wait to eat eggs. It's not like I ate a lot of them before... but for some reason that's the one thing I can't wait to eat! lol.

Missy B
Started my new life on June 1, 2009. And I can't wait to see the new me!
I Started a Blog: www.missybeeblog.wordpress.com

Most Active