Change in diet right after fill?

Mel is losing it
on 6/4/09 1:51 am - Lakeport, CA
Hi, I am 4 weeks post-op and I am going in for my first fill on the 6/16. I was wondering if it is recommended to go back to stage 2 right after a fill?  I have not had any restriction for the past two weeks at all and my weight loss is stunted and I have gained a couple pounds back...so I'm a little discouraged, but I am excited to start getting tightened!! Thanks for your suggestions.

Melissa
kathkeb
on 6/4/09 11:07 am
ask your doc at the fill -- but plan to have some mushies/soft food on hand.

I believe that most people don't eat for a few hours BEFORE a fill - and then do liquids/soft food for a day or 2 afterwards.

Make sure that your doc makes you drink something in the office before you drive home -- you don't want to be too tight --- and as I understand, from here and from the support groups I have attended, you should ALWAYS be able to sip water ---

Good luck!!!
Kath

Panda1
on 6/4/09 11:33 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I  think everyone should follow their Dr.'s advice. Mine makes us do a clear liquids afterwards for two days. They make you drink some water to see how it goes down. If that is cool, off you go!

crystal M.
on 6/5/09 8:57 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello

I just got my second fill yesterday at 3:45 and the surgeon has me on liquids for the rest of the day/  Then I can eat breakfast as usual the next day.  I usually will eat eggs to test how tight I am.  I feel a little tighter now.  I definately can't eat as much.  After the first fill I could tell from the first time I ate that I didn't have restriction.  It may take a few fills before you fell good restriction.
Ask your surgeon what your diet should be after your fill.  Every surgeon is different. 

Good luck.
Mrs_Desire _
on 6/11/09 12:34 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
I think every doctor is different.

After I had my second fill which brought me up to 5ccs, he had me do liquids for the rest of that day and then mushies for 2 days.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Most Active