Drumroll please.........

topaz11
on 6/4/09 8:28 am
Sounds like you are doing great I am assuming you have had no complications from surgery.   Are you back to work yet?
 I like to read that you are happy with yr dr.  keep up the good work.  My date will be July 27th, hope to be as happy as youTopaz11
knailnhair
on 6/4/09 11:48 pm - Milford, NJ
I didn't have any complications. In fact he only put 4 holes in me, where sometimes he has to do 5. He told me yesterday since my stomach area was so small he was able to do the 4....lol.

Went back to work 1 week after surgery. Had no problems at all. I do Technical Support so I'm at a desk all day...I did need to get up and walk around just to stretch but it worked out fine.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

linda221
on 6/7/09 12:46 am

Good idea Farmgirl about tracking. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow for my followup appointment and need to remind him to give me my card with a code to get into everything on the realizeband.com site. He forgot to give it to me when he released me from the hospital. Although my nut told me to wait 3 weeks to exercise I went out and walked one mile and today is so beautiful I'm going to try for 2 miles...slow and steady wins the race. Good luck to all!!!!

Linda        

fl2bfit
on 6/7/09 1:48 am
Just had my band 6/1.  So far I'm down 3lbs from my presurgical weight...  I'm on liquids for 2 weeks and then pureed foods for a week - then start solids.  I'm ready for a nibble or two of real food.  LOL   That being said I'm not suffering either.  I have quite a few options when it comes to the drinks...  :) 

I haven't started working out again - think I'll go walk tomorrow since I'm feeling much better yesterday and today.  My surgery was single incision - which is actually 2 incisions - one through the belly button and the other just under the bra line - that one very small.  I wonder though if it doesn't cause more pain...   I called about complications afterwards and the MD said they go in and out of the muscle tissue so much with single incision that it might be my issue...  Hmmm...  The gas is the pits too - no pain anymore just this pressure...  Has anyone else had that?  I constantly feel like I need to belch.  :P  It makes me not want to eat... So maybe it's a good thing.  LOL

BTW - CONGRATS on trashing 12 pounds at your first follow-up!!  WTG!!!  Our center's psychologist says to use words like trashed, dumped, destroyed rather than "lost", because we are programmed to find what we've lost and others also want to help us find it...  Hmmm...  She may have a point here...  So, I'm saying trashed at this point - considering annihilated.  LOL  So, I've trashed 19 pounds since starting the pre-op phase...  Granted I started it earlier - did a quasi-liquid two weeks before the two week pre-op...  Wow...  I didn't realize I'd trashed (caught myself saying lost again! ) that much until now...  Holy cow.  I guess it happened so gradually that I just didn't see it...  I was frankly a bit dismayed that it wasn't more...  Hmmmm...

Anyway, it's great to see other recent banders! :)
knailnhair
on 6/7/09 11:56 pm - Milford, NJ
Thanks fl2bfit...love that verbage "trashed"!!!!! Congrats on your surgery as well!!! As badly as I wanted to chew something, don't do it. We have to remember we just had abdominal surgery and we need to heal. Have a SF Popsicle to chew on or some ice chips.....that way there is no risk for problems!!!

Kimi

kenyatta87
on 6/7/09 6:38 am
Congrats to you Kimi keep up the good work! In my bes****erboy voice you can do it lololol
knailnhair
on 6/7/09 11:57 pm - Milford, NJ
LOL thanks so much Kenyatta87!!!!

Kimi

poodledoo
on 6/7/09 11:22 am
Hey everyone, I had my surgery on May 20th and I am doing great.  I am learning to balance liquids, protein, and food.  I am on pureed food right now.  All of you are an inspiration and have great advice.  Thanks for sharing.  Everyone sounds so positive.  I weighed once and I have lost 9 pounds.  I am scared to weigh again because so many years the scales showed me defeat every time. Therefore, I am trying to concentrate on following the diet.  I will have a weigh in on the 18th when I have my first post op.  9 pounds didn't sound like a lot to me at first but as I am moving around more, 9 pounds makes a difference in how my body feels!  I have been envisioning how much weight I use with dumbells at the gym and a 10 pound dumbell is heavy.  It is a joy to feel successful after so many years of struggling.  Good luck to all of you and thanks for the support, Poodledoo
knailnhair
on 6/7/09 11:58 pm - Milford, NJ
Congrats to you poodledoo...you're doing a great job!!! 9lbs is alot in my book!!!! I've lost 12 so far and I feel great already!!! Have more energy even!!!

Kimi

fl2bfit
on 6/8/09 2:13 am
Congrats Poodledoo!!  :)  So, why Poodledoo?  Do you have Poodles?  I'm just curious - if so - Poodle lover here - we have a black Standard...  Rotten beast.  ;)  Not really - she's fabulous! :)

Kimi - I'm not putting anything in my mouth that isn't on plan.  I did have some yogurt this am - just didn't taste right too me and I am hungry!  The swelling must be going down or something, because I've been hungry the past couple days.  I just drink water or broth if it's not time for a shake.  I might try to get more of that yogurt down, but I really didn't care for it...  I have a hard time justifying eating something I don't like - unless I'm treating it like medicine...  Speaking of - the liquid vitamins are AWFUL!!!  :P  I can't wait to get onto the chewables again.  Oh and I don't like the sugarfree pops...   I've tried several and they just are awful.  I know a lot of people like them, but I don't...  I don't like Crystal Light either and they keep suggesting that for mixing things.  :P  I've been thinking of going to Jeremiah's and getting a sugar-free tangerine ice.  I tried a sample - it was okay...  Still not my fav, but better...  I can have that - just crushed popsicle more or less...  Hmmmm...  I think Luigis comes sugar free - maybe I should try that...  I'll have to look at the store. 

Okay - everyone have a great day!! :)
Most Active