Starting Over, Free to be Me

SmyleyFace
on 6/2/09 3:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I have been discouraged with the weight loss over the last year. I am going to the NP at my doctor's office every two weeks.  I am starting over with each week and relearning the recommendations.  I am recommitting to make this band work with a real effort on my part (My Responsibility!! )instead of staying a victim in my own mind.  I can use all the support and encouragement I can get!!
Two years ago, I got divorced after 35 years of an unhappy marriage. Sunday I found out that my ex is getting married in July!.  Since then I had the idea that I don't have to keep this weight on to protect myself from going back to him. He is moving on, and so I can too!! Smyley Face.

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

Mary B.
on 6/2/09 11:09 pm - Southern, MD
Dont worry about him getting re-married...just think about how miserable he will get to make his new wife! LOL

You can do this! We both can...it is annoyingly slow at times, but it can be done!  At least that is what I am told! LOL

Heads up now...lets move forward!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Panda1
on 6/3/09 2:33 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I too have been a "slow loser." It burns me up to see all the RNY people losing tons of weight while I struggle to lose a pound a week. I have had to make a committment to the band too. One thing I did was start a food journal. I know myself, and I am such a perfectionist that if I can't be proud of it, I won't want to write it down, so I committ to not eating "Bad stuff." 

As far as your husband's remarriage, just think how envious he will be when you are looking hot from all of your weight loss success. Make him eat his heart out! You can do it.

Janice

SmyleyFace
on 6/4/09 10:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Janice, I just came back from Dr. Blackstone's office. They are really trying to help me get to the basics of band management. I had my band completely emptied and was about to give up. I've started againand lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I got 2ml fill today. I'm determined to do this.  I am starting over lerning to chew, slowing down and eating protein first  3/1 and the fruitys and vegetables. For right now, no bread, pasta, cereal, corn,rice, crackers or potatoes. Drinking 64 oz of water a day (usually fall a little short here.) I can use your support, Thanks, Maureen

SmyleyFace
on 6/4/09 10:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for your encouragement. I have actually done better with my food since I heard about his wedding plans. I will actually be free.! Thanks, Maureen

frankh
on 6/4/09 1:54 am
hey smyleyface ,     thats great that you are commited to making the band work. As far  as your husband go's forget him  , as soon as you lose your weight you will have alot of guys hanging all over you. Good luck you go girl !                                Frank
SmyleyFace
on 6/4/09 10:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for responding. I need all the support I can get. I had an 8# weight loss the last 2 weeks. Movin on!!!

Panda1
on 6/4/09 11:29 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Eight pounds in two weeks! Pat yourself on the back girl!!!
Just curious, why did they unfill your band? Problems with being too tight? Just wondering....
Janice

SmyleyFace
on 6/5/09 3:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
They unfilled my band because I told them to. The guy I saw all the time isn't there anymore and I was just having too much trouble with chocking and frothing everytime I ate. I was pretty much ready to give up until Melissa said she could help me. I've restarted from the beginning learning how o cope with my band and use it as a tool. I'm feeling hopeful that maybe I can work with this band. Thanks Maureen

Most Active