Allow me to reintroduce myself.........

kenyatta87
on 5/30/09 5:31 am

I have my appointment on Monday for my consultation and I am so very excited.  I am @ 379 lbs now and I said to myself its time for a change. I went to the doctors in March and I was @ 375 and then when I went back in May I was 379 Ihad gained four lbs that quick.So I did my research about the Realize Band and thats when I made a call and I am so very excited! I will be back to let you guys know the outcome.. Thanks for listening!

kathkeb
on 5/30/09 11:36 am
Welcome -- and good luck at your consult.

I had my consult on April 30 and have my surgery this coming Friday -- I cannot wait to be banded and on the other side of the surgery.

I am fortunate that there are 3 different Support Group meetings in my area per month.
1 is strictly a 'bandsters' group
the other 2 are all types of surgery --- today, out of 14 people, 12 of them were band patients.
The other meeting is primarily RNY and VSG

If you have support groups in your area that you can attend pre-op, I think that they go a long way in educating us and in letting us see the 'real life' side of WLS and hear the good, the bad and the ugly from people who have been 'there' -- at today's meeting, there were people who ranged from over 5 years post-op to a few of us pre-op-er's/

good luck  -- let us know how your consult goes.
Kath

kenyatta87
on 5/30/09 12:03 pm
Thank you so much and I will do that... I am so excited about this new journey and I am truly serious about making a change!  You will be in my prayers for your surgery on Friday!
wildheart63
on 6/1/09 4:05 am - IL
welcome to the losers bench....we'll make room for you!

kenyatta87
on 6/7/09 7:31 am
Went for my consult and it went pretty well because I was so   because the first time I went about a year ago it wasnt a very good experience.  However everything actually went well when I got on the scale I actually weighed 369  which was actually 10 pounds lighter so that was a plus.....So now I must do six nutrional visits before the insurance company will approve me and he also wanted me to drop a few pounds.  so thats where I am......
Farmgirl58
on 6/7/09 9:00 am - AL
Congratulations on taking that first step.  I just had the procedure done on the 18th of May and have no regrets. We do not lose it as fast as some of the other WLS, but losing slower gives us the chance to learn how to eat properly, amounts to eat, and we will be able to keep it off better.
My hats off to you.Farmgirl58
kenyatta87
on 6/7/09 10:25 am
why thank you
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step  Lao-tzu
knailnhair
on 6/8/09 12:01 am - Milford, NJ
Welcome !!! The first step is the hardest....congrats for taking it!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Most Active