getting stuck

over50woman1
on 5/29/09 12:27 am
Anyone get food stuck where you 
weren't able to vomit?  Were you able to breathe?/were you hospitalized?

Margie

SmyleyFace
on 5/29/09 1:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
I get food stuck almost every time I eat and I've had the band since 8/08. Getting food stuck where you can't breathe woukd be a different matter and very dangerous, if you can talk you're ok, but if not you need the heimlich. you could die. I'm a nurse see you doctor if this is happening to you. Sorry. Write bak if you want. How long have you had you band? SmyleyFace

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

wildheart63
on 5/29/09 3:42 am - IL
getting food stuck so you can't breath would be impossible....food does not go into the wind pipe....the pain fron being stuck is more like chest pain.....and you;ll know it!
i've been stuck testing what foods i can and cannot eat..not hospital...just walking,stretching and a hot pad on the chest area.....also if you can tiny tiny sips of hot tea can move the food but be carefull it has to be tiny tiny sip
good luck
lori

janice A.
on 5/29/09 9:42 pm - san angelo, TX

Sorry to hear about the discomfort you had.  I tend to get food stuck for several reasons. 1. I eat to fast and end up not chewing properly.  2. I tried to have conversations while eating which allows excess air to go in.  3. Drinking water to close to eating time.  4.  NOT listening to my signals which tell me; i have had enough to eat. My signals are usually a hickup sometimes a runny nose.
We are so used to eating however whenever and whatever we want. Now we must follow the band rules.
While food wont obstuct ur windpipe unless it goes down wrong it does feel like u cant breath from the pain.  I have to just take deep breaths through my nose and relax. Use a baby spoon and fork that will help with the amount of food u try to eat.
Hope your doing great today.
TC
Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Most Active