No restriction but food gets stuck

mrsezova
on 5/27/09 4:46 am

HI. I had the realize lap band placed on Sept 30 2009. I lost 30 pounds but since December I have gained 7 back. In spite of a few fills I am still not feeling any type of restriction. However, food does get stuck -- bread, banana, hard boiled egg -- things like that. My question is: If I am not sensing restriction as far as feelling full goes, why does food get stuck?  HELP!! 

annie in RI

frankh
on 5/27/09 8:10 am
hey annie,   wow having trouble with soft foods like bananas and eggs,hard to believe. Are you eating small bites and chew chew chewing your food ,also eat ing slowly? Doing these things usely works. youll always have trouble with some things like meat and bread.,thats what i have trouble with at times. Id talk to your doctor if i was you. if you dont feel restriction i doubt your band is to tight. How many cc's do you have in your band? anyway  hope you get this problem taken  care of. good luck.
JuliaF
on 6/1/09 8:08 am - Providence, RI
Hi Annie,

I'm freshly banded and was just wondering what it feels like when food gets 'stuck'??

I'm still on liquids till tomorrow then off to puree's but just wondering.

SmyleyFace
on 6/2/09 3:06 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You Will Know!!!! There is an intense and sometimes painful pressure. between the breasts along the esophagus or in the throat. When you start solid foods chew as much as you can and eat slowly . Smyley Faceor this could happen!! Good luck Newbie!

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

tdcoble
on 6/18/09 1:35 pm - Madill, OK
I had the realize band put in on April 17, 2009.  I've had 3 fills and  no restriction.  I'm very frustrated because my doctor says that I should have good restriction because he did my fills under floroscope.  They say that I am eating way to much, but I don't get full or any feeling telling me to stop eating.  No pain, tightness, pressure... nothing.  I have 7.5 cc's in a 9 cc band and I don't know what else to do.  I was supposed to get the lapband, but my doctor made a mistake and put in the realize band instead.  He said it would be fine, that they are basically the same.  Another doctor told me that with the realize band you don't get that full feeling because the food pushes on throught the band.  So I don't know what to do.
Landroller
on 6/19/09 10:20 pm
I had the band placed assuming that it would help me eat less. I don't have much more to go before I reach maximum band fill. I'm pretty much able to eat the same amounts as before the lap band was placed. The only exception is if I am not super careful food will get stuck. I am currently struggling through yet another diet. This *@!(##@^&*$% band was supposed to help curb my hunger but once again I had to rely on my own willpower (which inevitably fades fast). I don't think my doctor believes me when I tell him this. He feels that since food is getting stuck I must be having SOME restriction. I see him Monday June 22 at 3:50pm. Does anyone have any questions they think I should ask him? 
tdcoble
on 6/20/09 3:20 am - Madill, OK
Why is this happening the us.  Why no restriction?
Most Active