I HATE my band!

iamhopeful
on 5/26/09 3:54 am - Abilene, TX

Is anyone out there as frustrated as I am?  My food gets stuck constantly, my port site hurts, I haven't lost any weight in 3 months, I can't stomach meat or veggies and very little fruit.  I wish I had gotten bypass after all.  Any thoughts or comments welcome.  I am so discouraged!

frankh
on 5/26/09 11:47 am
hey there      wow,sorry your having so much trouble with it. Ive found that eating small bites and chew chew chew your food will help with the getting stuck. I also drink water with my meals to help wa**** down.they say not to drink with your meals but i cant eat withou****er. Its kind of odd your port hurts after 3 months,you need to talk to your docter about that. I only had port pain for about a month. How many fills have you had,they may have your band to tight,that could be why you get stuck alot. Ive found that you must get your eating habits in check. keep your calories below 1200/day and you must exercise everyday for at least an hour.If you do this the weight will melt off. Believe me  ,i follow that routine every day and have lost 80 lbs. in 6 months. Talk to your doctor and keep your chin up ,you can do this. good luck in your weight loss journey.
Tom C.
on 5/26/09 10:11 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
IAMHOPEFUL,

I need to echo what Frank said/asked:

(1) HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THIS???? - You need to have a constant and frank dialog with your Doctor. A good Doctor will listen, and try to relieve your issues

(2) How many fills have you had ?!?!? How does your Doctor do fills (under fluoroscope, or "blind")? You may be overfilled, and need some taken out. Again, talk to your Doctor. That's why they are there.

(3) Are you following the guidelines set by your Doctor? How much protein are you eating daily? Are you getting your 64 ounces of fluid in daily?

While Bypass may seem a better choice now, how do you know wouldn't have issues with the bypass??? Remember, none of these operations are 'cure-all' or "guarantees to be problem free". They are only tools, and we need to be educated how to properly work with these tools.

Know I am here to help if needed.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
SmyleyFace
on 5/29/09 1:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
If I could do all this I wouldnt have needed WLS. SmyleyFace

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

jla734
on 5/29/09 7:51 am - DE
  I had my surgery Aug 26th and my weight loss is also at a stall. I walk 6 to 8 miles EACH day. I lift weights but my weight loss last month was only 2 pounds. I had a swallow test at my local hospital and my band was xrayed etc. The radiology reported my band had migrated and there is NO pouch. I have a copy of the disc. The doctors told me that since the hospital doesn't specialize in lapbands they simply couldn't read the results.
  I don't get it. I AM watching my calories. I AM getting in the protein AND veggies. I simply break up my meals. I have lost clothing sizes. I currently weigh 192 and am 5 ft 4 1/4. I am wearing a size 14 clothing and the last time I wore a size 14 I was 175 pounds. So I KNOW I AM losing inches and def clothing sizes but no weight loss per say. I have been stuck for MONTHS. I think it is really sad that the inches lost don't seem to count for anything at the office just "weight loss".
  I recently added something called Acai berry to my diet and it seems to be helping. I have to keep running to the bathroom so I know its knocking water weight off me. I never knew I retained so much fluid.

Tom C.
on 5/30/09 1:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

IMHO - Frig the scale .. that only measures "weight" - but not progress .. If you're working out like you are, then you are replacing your "fat" with "muscle". And Muscle is heavier then fat.

If you can get into smaller clothes - that should be the true measure. .. Remember a 200 pound person with a body fat of 5% is healthier then a 200 pound person with a body fat of 50% - but they both 'weigh the same'.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
BroomHilda
on 6/4/09 3:29 pm
Have you had a fill reccently. Sounds like you could be too tight. Please provide more details

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Most Active