No weight loss after 9 months.

SmyleyFace
on 5/25/09 3:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have had stuck problems from the beginning even before I got fills.  I got as far as 2 fills with 4 cc's and ended up having them take all the fluid out. I ended up vomiting almost every day and that was causing my band site to swell. This was becausing of mucus plugs, frothing and also stuck food. Sometimes the vomiting was so fast and projectile that I almost couldn't make it to the bathroom.  With no fill I am starting over again. 3PRO to 1VEG/FR.  No bread, corn, potatoes, pasta, rice, cereal, or crackers.No liquid 30min before or after and none while eating, chew, chew, chew. Still getting stuck sometimes, not as much, but I am seriously failing at the no carb thing. Cheated at least 5 times so far. I am considering taking the band out, maybe getting a vertical sleeve.  Advice, Support, questions welcome.

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

frankh
on 5/26/09 2:31 am
hi there,       i have problems with food getting stuck maybe twice a month.it only happens if i eat to fast or when i eat steak or dry chicken. so i try to chew really well and take small bites. i eat 4 times a day 4 proteins,2 vege, 2 fruit,never more than 1200 calories per day. Im sorry your having trouble with vomiting, that sometimes seems to be the only way to dislodge the stuck food. I try sip on a hot liquid and that helps the food go down.Seeing that your having problems with the band your insurance may cover another form of gastro surgury.
iamhopeful
on 5/26/09 3:50 am - Abilene, TX
Your story is MINE! I had my band done in Nov last year and have only lost 25 lbs,and none for the past 3months.  My food gets stuck constantly and I have a very hard time eating raw/hard veggies, meat of any kind, so I feel like I'm not getting any kind of nutrients.  Junk food goes down, no problem, and while I try to avoid it, I am hungry all the time. I'm  so frustrated and wish I never got the band.   Like you, I would like to get the sleeve. It makes the most sense to me and not as altering as bypass.  I just started looking into it.  I'm not sure where the $ is going to come from, but I'm getting determined to find it.  I wish  I had paid more attention to posts like these in the beginning.  (May I ask where you live?)  I completely understand your frustrations and wish you the best.   Judy
SmyleyFace
on 5/26/09 3:44 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Dear Judy,

I was going to give this 3 more months of really trying, but my band is completely unfilled and I vomited again today b/o chicken breast. Unfortunately when I get discouraged I still go eat a bowl of ice cream or get spagetti with meat sauce, like I did today.  Someday's I bring a salad with an egg and blue cheese dressing,  but when lunch comes I just don't want it. I work 12 hr shifts as a nurse and I have to pack 3 meals on the days I work! I get sick of cottage cheese and pineapple. They discourage eating "soft foods" as it is harder to lose weight, but like you, raw veg, meat anything with skin, gets stuck. And I don't feel satisfied.

You question where the $ will come from. Were you covered by insurance originally for the band. I have read in the forum that insurance might cover a"revision of some other kind of surgery" if the band didn't work for you.  I am worried that if insurance covers the sleeve (that's what I leaning to) that I won't be able to get off work again.  I also worry that if I get something else I will fail at that too.  I feel like its my fault.  Talking with several people on the forum has helped me to see that that may not be true ... Its looks like you are from Abilene. I went to a treatment center in Buffallo Gap, Shades of Hope. I was desperate and nearly suicidal. I wish I had had a sucessful surgry back then.  I live in Phoenix, AZ and finally got divorced almost three years ago.  I would never have been able to get any surgery when I was married, I would have felt too ashamed. I am grateful to be free to make the choices I want to for me today.  I am going to go see my surgeon this week and see if they can get me covered by BCBS as a revision. I have to take action, I feel like I'm going nowhere and I'll be in a wheelchair or dead if I don't do something now. 
Thanks for replying,  Smyley Face , Maureen.

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

angelarias
on 5/27/09 2:50 pm
hey there:

you'll need a scope or at least a fluoro to figure out what your issues are.

do not fret. you might try going on your doctor's supervised liquid diet to get the first 30 pounds off. most insurance doesn't pay for a sleeve revision so it might be outta the question. question your surgeon about your options.
i'm hoping your band works out!
angel
Most Active