How long out of work?

Lizparks
on 5/23/09 10:25 am - HACKENSACK, NJ
I have to have my band replaced I was out of work 7 weeks for first procedure how long before you resumed normal work activity?
kathkeb
on 5/25/09 5:31 am
7 weeks?  did you have complications? or do you do very strenuous work?

I am having surgery on a Friday, and planning to take the following week off, and return to work 10 days post-op.

I work from home -- and can move my laptop to whereever is most comfortable, (desk, recliner, bed, etc).
Kath

knailnhair
on 5/25/09 5:37 am - Milford, NJ
Wow...7 weeks...that's one hell of a vacation!!!

I had the Realize Band placed in last Tuesday and I will return to work tomorrow. I "feel" well enough to go to work, I'm sure I'll be tired by the time I get home from doing a full day's work. I sit behind a desk so my job is not physical.

Good luck!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Tom C.
on 5/25/09 9:51 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
7 weeks does seem like a long time, unless you had an "open" band instead of laparoscopic.

Typically 1 - 3 weeks is a good time frame, again depending how strenuous your job is.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tbines401
on 6/4/09 12:35 pm - Columbia, SC
I took only a week off actually in 3 days I was fine to return to work. I am self employed so I couldn't afford to stop my operation for my operation it worked out fine. 7 weeks I probably would haved wanted to eat everything in my house.
Most Active