undergarments for upcoming weddings

topaz11
on 5/23/09 2:35 am
I am currently under review with my insurance company.  So it is only a matter of days that I will get a call to set a date for the band.  The issue is it is getting real close to my (2)sons weddings . End of June and the 5th of July is the weddings.  I was wondering if I should wait til after because I am not sure if I can wear tight undergarments with my dresses.  How long is it before you can put pressure on your belly?  Also will I feel like traveling 5 or 6 hours?  Topaz11
kathkeb
on 5/23/09 7:18 am
you should check with  your doctor.
My surgeon's orders include talking with him about any type of travel close to banding.

I think that might have to do with blood clots --  you don't want to be sitting in a car for 5 or 6 hours at a time -- you will proably be ordered to take frequent breaks to walk around, etc.

Also, I don't know how long before you are going to be comfortable in tight fitting clothes.

I would schedule the surgery for after the weddings -- you don't want to have any unforeseen complications (infection, excess swelling, etc) and be stuck and unable to attend the weddings.

Kath

topaz11
on 5/23/09 7:46 am, edited 5/23/09 7:47 am
Kath, thank you for yr opinion:) I am leaning also to waiting until after the 2nd wedding.  It would not be that much longer to wait anyway.  I have two different mother dresses that require undergarments that will fit tightly.  The weddings are two weeks apart. Two different states. So, I will be busy.  Just want to feel good and enjoy each event with my family.
Most Active