I'll be banded in 9 days!!!!

MissyBee27
on 5/23/09 3:09 am - Nashville, TN
 Hi Everybody!!

I'm having my surgery on June 1st!! That's only 9 days away! I'm so excited... I can't wait! I can't believe that it's so close!! I've been trying to read some posts to get some info and tips... but is there anything else that I should know? I'm going to a required nutrition class on Wednesday, so I'm sure they'll tell me everything I need to know about what to eat... the class is 3 hours! I can't imagine I'll have many food questions after that! :) 

Thanks in advance for any advice... I'm all ears!! 
Started my new life on June 1, 2009. And I can't wait to see the new me!
I Started a Blog: www.missybeeblog.wordpress.com

farleyskat
on 5/23/09 3:52 am - St. Helen, MI
Hi!  I was banded on Wednesday.  I feel much better than I thought I would.  I have not had to take any pain medication, I just have some general discomfort where the incisions are.  I've not felt hungry at all.  In fact, I'm finding it a little difficult to get in the protein that I'm supposed to just because I don't feel hungry, I think.  I've been able to walk and get around pretty good.  The sore throat is the worst part for me.  All in all, the actual surgery and its after effects are much better than I had hoped for.  Just make sure that after your surgery, you take small sips of everything you drink.  I have to be on a full liquid diet for three weeks, so I'm getting into making smoothies.  They're not too bad.  Good luck with everything!
Kat

MissyBee27
on 5/23/09 4:48 am - Nashville, TN
 Thanks so much for the advice!! I'm glad that you are doing well with it so far! I hope it goes the same for me! 

I guess I should have said I'll be "realized" rather than "banded"! I'm still learning all the lingo! :)

I had my gallbladder removed last year and I'm assuming that a lot of the after surgery pain will be similar to that because it will be kind of the same. As far as the way the surgery is performed anyway. Different because they are adding rather than taking away! I'm hoping I'll be a little better prepared for the pain, because the first thing I thought when I woke up from my gallbladder surgery was, "Holy crap... nobody told me this was going to hurt so bad!" So hopefully it won't be as bad or I'll at least be more ready for it! I know a lot of things will be different since I'll be banded and there will be that going on... but as far as the incision pain and stuff, I guess it'll be similar. Has anybody had both done and have any kind of comparison as far as pain and what not?

I've been reading even more stuff over in the lap-band forum, and I think I've gotten a lot of helpful tips! I'll find out on Wednesday how long I'll be on liquids and all that after surgery... so I may need some advice once I find that out as to what's good to eat! (Err... drink?) I don't have to do any kind of pre-op diet, which I was surprised by... but they told me I didn't have to. I'm trying to watch what I eat though because I don't want to overdo it before surgery.

All of you guys on here are such an inspiration and I really hope that I can have the success that you all have had! And I know that once it gets closer to my surgery (Only like a week! ahh!) I will probably have more questions! And I KNOW i'm going to have a ton afterwards! 

Missy B

knailnhair
on 5/25/09 5:40 am - Milford, NJ
Good Luck to you Missy B!!!!! I was banded last Tuesday and feel great!!! If I didn't know better I would wonder if I had the band put in! Had some soreness the first couple days...nothing major. Just rest when you can and walk when you can to get that gas out!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

sususam08
on 5/25/09 11:17 am - Dallas, NC
Hi All,

I am having surgery on June 2nd!!!  I am excited also good luck.  I had my class today.  I am so ready to have it done.  I had hernia repair last year so hopefully the pain and what to expect will be about the same.  Hopefully yours will be uneventful also,  I really enjoy reading the posts and all the helpful advice.

Goodluck
MissyBee27
on 5/25/09 11:20 am - Nashville, TN
 Thanks for the advice Kimi!!

And good luck to you too! Hopefully we will both do great! :)

Most Active