Ok convince me, realize band is better than RNY...

tina_stamps
on 5/22/09 5:19 am - New Milford, PA
LOL go with your gut!  Too funny!

I hear ya on the revisions.  I also see a lot of bandsters revising to RNY.  It's such a tough decision, isn't it?

Public service announcement: You LOSE weight, you LOSE hair....
Your clothes become
LOOSE... we spend all our LOOSE change on protein supplements...

AJ1976
on 5/22/09 2:16 am - columbia, SC
I am happy I ran across this topic and the wonderul responses.  I have my final appointment next month.  I was more leaning towards Realize because I realize the benefits (pun intended).  Then I was thinking of the fast weight loss with the bypass.  I too know of a few people who did the bypass and they had the saggy skin and dumping. It seems as though the folks that chose the band have a more natural weight loss, sans the saggy skin.  I have dieted MANY times before and have lost 70+lbs at a time; so I know I can make the healthy eating choices.  Reading this board (and searching the net reading things and my HUGE pros and cons list) I think the band is for me.  I am a psuedo vegetarian, I do eat fish.  I am a very picky eater (yeah, believe it or not) and I know that nutrients would be my biggest issue. It seems as though the bypass is a slow malnutrition thus not allowing you to retain the needed nutrients.  

This website & board is so wonderful.  In my initial appointment the nurse practitioner was so astonished at all that I already knew about the procedures. I can honestly say that it was due to the helfpul people on this website.  Look how you can out in droves to help this young lady. Kudos to you guys!
tina_stamps
on 5/22/09 4:49 am - New Milford, PA
thank you all for responding!  You've definitely given me more to think about, and I appreciate it!

Public service announcement: You LOSE weight, you LOSE hair....
Your clothes become
LOOSE... we spend all our LOOSE change on protein supplements...

Most Active