Finally Done! Had Surgery Yesterday!

ssexton0331
on 5/21/09 6:18 am

I am home and feeling like I have been hit by a MACK truck!  I have 5 incisions and they are soooooo sore. They ended up repairing a hernia (that we didn't even know was there) while putting in the band. He said there was no fat around my stomach....what's that all about? Does that mean that I probably won't get any restriction with the band until my fill? Anyway, I go on June 19 for my 1st fill. RIght now, I am able to drink about 2 oz every 15 minutes...when I remember. But not feeling hungry at all! I don't even want to eat...that is a huge deal for me. Before when my feet hit the floor I wanted food in my mouth.

Hope everyone is doing well!

"The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot keep you!"
farleyskat
on 5/21/09 8:03 am - St. Helen, MI

Hi. I had my surgery yesterday, too. I have 6 incisions and mine are really sore, too. In fact, that's the only thing really bothering me. I've been trying to get in my liquids and I'm just now drinking some chicken broth. I don't know when I will get my first fill, I'll probably find out at my two week post-op appointment. Good luck with everything.

DEVOFR
on 5/21/09 9:29 am
I had my band placed on May 12th (last Tuesday) and that is exactly how I felt, like I'd been hit by a Mac truck. First couple of days were rough but I'm starting to feel a little more human now. Remembering to squat to pick something up instead of bending is what's causing me troubles now (at port site). Started on mushies today and had the BEST Egg salad in my life this morninig. I also had an unexpected hernia repair and think that is part of the added discomfort. Still not able to sleep laying flat. VERY HAPPY iI did this and looking forward to a smaller future!!
zparticle
on 5/21/09 11:46 am
Congrats to all of you. "He said there was no fat around my stomach", that's wierd. I wonder if you won't have to keep getting fills then because you won't be loosing weight from the stomach making the band loose.
kathkeb
on 5/21/09 2:28 pm
congratulations!  rest up, I hope you are feeling much better soon.

keep hydrated -- make yourself remember to drink!!!
Kath

Farmgirl58
on 5/21/09 2:41 pm - AL
Hi, I had my Realize band inserted Monday the 18th, and yes like you I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck, but by Wednesday, I was feeling just fine, the only thing that reminds me about the surgery is the soreness and the 5 little bandages in various locations on my tummy.  I too hadn't felt like eating or drinking, but am getting in the fluids.  I also drink Special K protein water a couple times a day which takes the curb off hunger.  I just started back on full liquids today.  For lunch I had 4 oz of potato soup, which I put in my little Bullett blender, to cut down the chunks, talk about tasting great, had it for dinner also.  Tomorrow am going to heat up some V8 soup...have butternut squash soup, and also a broccoli cream soup...don't think there are any chunks in them.  I have lost 20lbs so far, not bad for an old lady. I will see my surgeon the 28th for my first post op visit, and hopefully will be able to go back to work the first of June.  I live alone, and it gets mighty boring, even though I have things I can do around here! 
I wish you much success in your weight loss journey, this site is great for support.  Farmgirl58
skeetsangel
on 5/22/09 10:58 pm - Harleysville, PA
Congrats Everyone!  I too just had my band done on May 21 and came home Friday.  I feel like I did WAY TOO MANY sit ups. 

I wish all of us the best on our new healthy lifestyle!

Good Luck & Let's keep in touch as we take this journey together!

Alisha
Most Active