Band Replacement

Lizparks
on 5/22/09 8:46 am - HACKENSACK, NJ
Hello Fellow Bandsters I have not posted on this board in a long while.  I have been having problems with my band for the last two years and Dr. is recommending replacement.  He states the band has improved a great deal since I had surgery. I have gained 65 lbs.  Questions  has anyone had their band replaced?  Should I convert to bypass?  Thanks.  For people contemplating the band please do not fear your decision I had a relatively good experience with my band  and should have followed up with my Dr. sooner to address my band issue.  I have not been able to maintain an adjustment for some time and just got use to eating again. 
zparticle
on 5/22/09 1:23 pm
Wow, sorry to hear that.  I can't imagine how much that must suck to go through.  I hope everything gets fixed for you regardless of what you end up doing.

-Scott
Farmgirl58
on 5/23/09 9:21 am - AL
Just want to wish you lots of love and success with the new band, just got my Realize band a weekago, love it! 
We do need to pay attention to our bodies and what is going on with it, Please keep closer touch with your doctor, he will help you the most.  God Bless   Farmgirl58
frankh
on 5/26/09 3:17 am
hey there liz,   sorry to hear your having problems. What kind of problems are you having with it ? im 6 months out and have not had any problems . I really hope it stays that way,I think the thing i have some concern about is errossion into the stomach. My docter says it happens to about 5% of his patients. Anyway good luck on what you decide to do.
SmyleyFace
on 5/29/09 2:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Liz, I have had problems with my band from the beginning. I would not recommend another abnd. I amd looking into the vertical sleeve. Less serious complcations than the RNY, but read on the other forums for some iseads. Good luck.

NEVER TOO LATE TO BEE HAPPY!!!!            

melross
on 5/29/09 8:03 pm - PA
Hi, I just had my band replaced with the REALIZE C band, I got  the AP Lapband Dec.2008 and it slipped Feb. 2009 and was removed. Three months later and 16 pounds heavier I had it replaced with the Realize C. I have 2cc now and have little to no restriction.
Nicole Wilson
on 5/30/09 7:39 am - Indianapolis, IN

Good luck to you...

Most Active