Banding and MS?

Cathy R.
on 5/20/09 3:18 pm - yelm, WA
Has anyone experienced this?
Cathy R    
Teresa_rn03
on 5/24/09 9:34 pm - Jasper, AL
Hey!
Yes~~  I have MS (R/R)  I am on Tysabri, a once a month infusion that has my MS under control and as of my last MRI, actually has my CNS regenerating (4 less leisions than on the previous one 6 months earlier)

My neurologist was very supportive on my having the WLS but would only approve for me to have the Banding. (which is what I wanted anyway)

I had surgery on 4/13 and have not have any problems at all since the surgery. I was almost expecting to have possibly a mild relapse due to the stress of surgery and healing, but have not.  I have not had to deal with the issue of the steroids which I know can be an irritant to the stomach after the band but I am assuming that I will have to take Prilosec or something like that if/when I have to take them again.  (hopefully that will not be an issue  :=) 

If you want to ask me anything else specfic, you can send me a message!! 

I am very happy with my band, I already can tell a difference in my energy levels!!

~~♥Teresa♥~~
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me  Phil 4:13

Cathy R.
on 5/25/09 3:51 pm - yelm, WA
Thank you for the reply,it is very reasuring.

I'm managing MS with Copaxone, however I'm concerned about taking the additional pain medication with the band.  I'm currently using a wheelchair and I know mostly because of my weight. 

I will be checking with my insurance company tomorrow about coverage and will be attending a seminar later this week.  I have an appointment with my neurologist later this month.

Cathy
Most Active