life after a fill

pam6464
on 5/20/09 9:42 am

Do everybody go on liquids after their fill?  My nurse pract told me not to do anything differently.  She said i can eat normally after a fill but I am wondering if this is why im not having any restriction after 4 fills and 6.5 ccs in my band. 

WVSweetP
on 5/20/09 11:44 pm

I just had my first fill this past Tuesday and my doctor told me I had to do liquid for two days and then three days of soft foods and then start back on solids.  I've noticed by reading through a lot of posts every doctor is different. You could try doing it on your own as it wont hurt anything either way to see if it helps you get any restriction. I wouldn't advise someone to eat food if their doctor told them to do liquids though. Evidentally there is a reason why some doctors believe in this. For me, I feel it's good to jump start the old metabolism again!

Mary B.
on 5/21/09 12:22 am - Southern, MD
Thats a good question. Im only on liquids the rest of the day after a fill, then ease back into regular foods the next day.

I had my second fill last week and have some restriction. I went out to dinner the next evening and had a slime episode at the restaurant. Im going to take it easier the day after too with my next fill.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

frankh
on 5/25/09 3:17 am
my doc says liquids only for the day of the fill. then regular food starting the next day. I really havent followed that though, I still eat regular food that day and have not had any problems. I have 4 ccs in my band and have reached my sweet spot. everybody is different as far as reaching enough restriction. my doc told me some people never need a fill and some need it filled 9 ccs.good luck with your band.
Most Active