My journey begins TOMORROW!!!

knailnhair
on 5/17/09 11:30 pm - Milford, NJ

As I sit here drinking my water, I can hardly believe tomorrow is my surgery, I started thinking about this August 2008 and went to Dr. Abkin's New Patient Seminar in Feb 2009. I keep waiting for Jessica to call and say they scheduled the wrong Kimberly Smith...or that the insurance company is changing their mind. So many emotions running thru my head last night and today. I'm so excited, scared, nervous, anxious, happy, sad, HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Only clear liquids today...so it's water and broth!!!

I just wanted to thank all of the wonderful friends I have made on this website. You all have enriched my life in such a positive way, for that I THANK YOU!!!!!

My family has been amazing, my daughters are very excited for me, yet very nervous. They will both be with my tomorrow, as well as my Mom and Dad and the best Boyfriend/Mentor/Angel anyone could ever hope for...Tommy, I love you with all my heart and soul!!!!

So tomorrow it is....please keep a seat warm for me on the loser's bench!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Mary B.
on 5/18/09 12:19 am - Southern, MD
Good Luck Kimi! It will be over before you know it! I smiled all day the day of my surgery! I was so excited!! It was my first surgery.

Dont forget your pillow. I was given a teddy bear pillow from the staff. It was a little harder than a stuffed animal,  and shaped more like a flat circle. It was SO useful to press against my stomach when I would get out of the bed.

IMO the best advice I can give you is to get up and walk! It helped me so much!

I wish you the best! Let us know how everything goes!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

knailnhair
on 5/18/09 2:02 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks so much Mary!!! I'll make sure I take a pillow with me!!!

Kimi

skeetsangel
on 5/18/09 3:23 am - Harleysville, PA
Kimi,

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.  Although we've never met, and have only talked once on the forum, I know exactly what your are feeling right now.  I am scheduled for my surgery on Thursday.  I hope we can become friends along this journey.  I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see you on the bench next to me!

Alisha  
knailnhair
on 5/18/09 3:32 am - Milford, NJ
Awww thanks Alisha! I just posted to your post!!!!  It's such an amazing journey. I was battleing some emotions last night but this morning when I got to work I was overwhelmed with them....can't wait till tomorrow!!!

Please keep me posted! I'm over on the Sex before and after weight loss surgery forum alot....stop over and say hi!!!

Kimi

Candi G.
on 5/18/09 6:07 am - Knoxville, TN
I am so glad to know I am not riding the manic roller coaster alone!!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!  Good luck! 
If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible, it would have put them on the outside of our bodies.

lclark525
on 5/18/09 6:20 am - Florham Park, NJ
Best wishes and a speedy recovery!
ssexton0331
on 5/18/09 11:42 am
I wish you luck tomorrow! I will be one day behind you, Wed the 20th will be D-Day!!! I have never posted on this board..just found out Friday they were using Realize on me, so I am glad to have some people on here to take this journey with! C-ya on the loser's bench!

"The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot keep you!"
linda221
on 5/18/09 10:31 pm
Hi All,

Good Luck to everyone. My D-Day is the 28th. It's great to be on the same train as all of you. It's great support. All who are ahead of me, I'll keep you in my prayers, and please keep my seat warm on the loser's bench. Thanks.

Linda        

Most Active