Slowing down already

Tremellia
on 5/16/09 10:22 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Hey friendbanders...well I just got banded on 4-29, so it's been like 2 1/2 weeks or so.  Well, I've lost like hardly NOTHING this week.  Geez, I just got started, what's going on?  I think I should be losing steadily everyweek.  Did anyone else experience this?  I've lost like 18 pounds since the 29th, and I'm happy with that don't get me wrong, but I'm concerned that it appears that my weight has already come to a hault.  I went to a support group meeting on Thursday night and for the first time I was starting to feel as if I should have gone with the RNY.  I know that I can count on you all for support, which is why I'm writting.  I just feel so blah and confused
destinydog
on 5/16/09 10:37 pm - hopatcong, NJ
The same thing happened to me then it just began to start coming off regularly, although i am only 1 week ahead of you. when i started going to the gym the weight loss stopped  as i built muscle, now it has restarted again.

kathkeb
on 5/17/09 7:26 am
not a halt at all.

According to my doctor, it is not unusual to gain weight post surgery -- and you have lost 18 puunds.
Say that out loud "I have lost 18 pounds in 18 days" ----- you are supposed to lose 1 - 2 pounds PER WEEK with the band.
You are 7 weeks ahead of schedule!!!

Your body needs time to adjust to the loss -- much of that was probably fluid from the surgery.

You really need to calm yourself, and please, please, please do not compare yourself to RNY patients at Support meetings, or you will be continually disappointed.

They lose faster, period.  After 2 or 3 years, you will be surprised to see that you are in the same ballpark with them, and that you don't have malabsorption issues, you don't struggle with taking supplement after supplement and you have a tool that can be adjusted for LIFE.

Hang in there, you are far above the average!
Kath

Most Active