sooo mad at myself

jennitho21
on 5/16/09 2:59 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I am so mad at myself, I have been doing fantastic I was down another 3 lbs since my fill earlier this week and was generally thinking that all was well. Last night I did the girls night out thing and had 1 Mojito I figured with as good as I have been I could splurge a little. I also had a chicken soft taco, but did not quite eat the whole thing but I still thought I was well within a reasonable calorie range. But much to my dismay this morning the scale was up 3 lbs. How can that little tiny splurge have caused that big of a weight gain, I am sooooooooo angry.
  SW-276/CW-182/GW-150
whatever01
on 5/16/09 6:43 am
Well I'm not sure what goes into a Mojito, and not really sure how alcohol affects the body, but Mexican food generally is pretty high in sodium, which I'm sure you already know, will make you hold onto water.

No, you're right, that wasn't enough to put on 3 lbs of fat overnight.  So try to let it go emotionally and know that you're still doing well.   Stay on course and it'll show up on the scale in a couple of days.

Tina J.
Tina J.
kathkeb
on 5/16/09 7:39 am

Jenny
You could not have possibly gained 3 pounds of fat.
it is most likey water weight --- drink more water than you usually and flush taht sodium out of your system.

don't weigh for a few days, and let this pass.

you don't need to scale to 'judge' you.

Kath

clovett
on 5/16/09 11:02 am - farmingdale, NJ
Hi, it's nothing bu****er. Alchohol makes you hold alot of fluid. Walk it off and you see a difference. Things happen and unfornately that mean scale is always up and down.
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcA3oBn/]
[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcA3oBn/weight.png[/image]
[/link]

rinaalston
on 5/17/09 11:10 am - LANCASTER, CA
Walk it off and dont be too hard on yourself. Try to stay away from Mojito's
crystalglass_33
on 5/20/09 8:26 am - Waterloo, IL
From personal experience, my scale has NEVER gone up the day after I do something bad. It is always a week or so behind and if you work hard, you can catch up w/ it. If I eat a cookie or have one drink I walk an extra few miles the next day and I haven't gained since :) You are allowed to treat yourself some times. And you shouldn't feel so guilty over half of a taco and one mojito. You've done very well so far and congrats to you!

-Crystal
Most Active