Which multivitamin are you using?

zparticle
on 5/14/09 1:12 pm
I can no longer tolerate the safeway brand multivitamins I've been taking.  Even broken in half I end up throwing them up.  Has anyone tried the chewable Bariatric Advantage vitamins?

Any other vitamins that are small or liqud or chewable that people like?
mochasoul
on 5/14/09 1:18 pm
Hi,

I take the Centrum chewable. Its a large tablet, but not really chalky like some others and its avail everywhere. Its orange flavored..Good luck to you
D-Lovely
Teresa_rn03
on 5/14/09 7:52 pm - Jasper, AL
My surgeon has me on chewable prenatals for the first 2 months...they are pretty bad, but my nails and hair are great..lol   I am going to be looking for something else to use as well, I have heard from several people that the Bariatric Advantage are good.  I haven't checked out the cost though.  I have a friend who had RNY several years ago and all she ever used was the Flintstones chewables and has done fine....Are you taking Calcium Citrate and Calcium Carbonate as well?  I am not sure what the difference in the two, (I think it has to do with the absorption) but my surgeon has me taking both of those as well.   Has anyone heard of taking fish oil to aid with weight loss as well as well as adding elasticity to the skin, hopfully avoiding much of the sagging? 

~~♥Teresa♥~~
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me  Phil 4:13

Candi G.
on 5/15/09 5:41 am - Knoxville, TN
I am doing Flinstones, lol.  My surgeon's offices has all their patients take them leading up to surgery and for at least the first month afterward.  One with breakfast and one with dinner.
If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible, it would have put them on the outside of our bodies.

Michael Eak
on 5/15/09 3:07 pm, edited 5/15/09 3:07 pm - Largo, FL
I used the Bariatric Advantage vitamins. The Vitaband, the Iron, B-12 Sublingual, D and Calcium (mint right now but next time changing to the Cinnamon) I received the Band onto my Bypass and just has Blood Labs and everything is at the Normal ranges. Most are 90 day supplies so more but the total with shipping came to just under $150.00 and all chewable except the D, but thats small and in a jell cap.

Pre-Register at Bariatric Advantage, so that you get credit points for every dollar you spend there for future discounts.

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 2:25 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Currently taking Flintstone chewable for now. Might move on to something else in the future when I know I am healed up.

LisaLisaInVa
on 5/16/09 10:01 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
My dr. recommends Centrum Chewables.  They're reasonably priced and don't taste bad at all - sort of like "baby aspirin" if you know what I mean. : )   They're big caplets, but you can bite it in half if it's too much in your mouth at once.  I also have two Viactive calcium chews a day, taken different times of the day and not the same time as the Centrum. 

"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."  Matthew 6:34

Mrs_Desire _
on 5/17/09 11:34 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
I take Liquid Centrum. I found it at Wal-mart.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

zparticle
on 5/18/09 4:42 am
Thanks for you inputs everyone.  I just got Bariatric Advantage vitamins in the multi berry flavor.  I tried a couple and think these are going to work well for me.  The flavor actually isn't bad at all and I had no bad reaction to them. 

Thanks again,
Scott
Farmgirl58
on 5/20/09 2:42 pm - AL
My nutritionist recommend chewable flintstone vitamins....farmgirl58
Most Active