Realize Band Yes or No?

zparticle
on 5/21/09 11:36 am
Let me know what you think of the seminar, I found it very helpful.
Farmgirl58
on 5/20/09 2:29 pm - AL
I just got banded this past  monday the 18th, and so far not had any hunger pains or feeling of withdrawls....my big secret is drinking plenty of water and special K water, or use the individual packets of the powder, mix in your water, it does take the edge off of feeling hungry.  We do have to ask ourselves, are we really hungry, thirsty or just plain bored or depressed.  Also we need to walk every day if possible.  I am on full liquids now, and it helps...the clear liquids are very temporary, and can be tolerated for a week if need be.
Best wishes in your decision, only you can make that choice.  Farmgirl68
frankh
on 5/21/09 3:43 am
hi, getting the realize band was the best decision i ever made. I didnt want my guts to be rearranged. ive been banded since 11/08 and have lost 80 lbs. so far.my docter says im loosing the same amount of weight that his bypass patients loose.I havent found anything that i can't eat.I do have trouble sometimes with steak or dry chicken,it gets stuck half way down.so i must chew well and take small bites. I exercise 10 hours a week..I dont get very hungry even now. i used to have a ravinous appetite.Ive had 3 fills and am at 4 ounces in the band.This is plenty tight for me.My sister had bypass surgury 3 years ago and seems to be gaining the weight back.That just shows that you must change your eating habits, if you dont you wont lose much weight.exercise is a must.!
Most Active