I FINALLY DID IT!!! Life long NSV

crystalglass_33
on 5/8/09 5:38 am - Waterloo, IL
I am currently wearing a pair of American Eagle jeans. Never in my life have I been able to buy anything but an XXL shirt there and now I'm in a woman's large shirt and these beautiful jeans and it feels great! Also another NSV... I went into my mother's room, as I always do, and started to put on her rings... she has beautiful long fingers and they have always been thin so I have never been able to put her rings on anything but my pinkie... well... I picked up her wedding ring and slipped it right on my ring finger! I couldn't even do that when I was in junior high!!! YAY!!!! I would love to hear about everyone else's NSV's today.

-Crystal
topaz11
on 5/8/09 9:35 am
Congrats to you!! American Eagle Jeans that is great!  Looking forward to that day:) 
janice A.
on 5/8/09 10:55 am - san angelo, TX
That is fantastic.!!!! It is exciting to have these NSV. I am excited for your victory.
Today i put on a pair of shorts button zipper clasps, seems all the hardware was put on these.. anyway, had to go pee badly and forgot i had these on they just slid right off with out me having to unbotton or unzip.. i was amazed at my loss, even though my scale cant read it , my clothes certainly can.

Keep up the good hard work. Thanks for sharing your victory with us.
Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Officegirlblues
on 5/8/09 2:01 pm - Jackson, AL
That is so awesome everyone! NSV's make every day worth it.

Let's see... today I wore a pair of my previously fat pants that then turned into my skinny pants (because they got too small) and now they are my way too big pants because they won't stay up. LOL. I've pretty much made it thru all of the clothes I had pushed aside in my closet that I hoped to get back into one day. Now I just need a whole new wardrobe but I am definitely not complaining! 
Mary B.
on 5/10/09 11:57 pm - Southern, MD
Crystal...WTG! Whoo Hoo! That is awesome!

Thats funny...I always wanted to get my mom's rings on too. Never could though...I'll have to try that one when I get close to goal.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

frankh
on 5/25/09 4:21 am
getting rings on and off is a great feeling , for 20 years i have not been able to get my wedding ring off of my finger. Thank god i never had anything happen that i needed to remove it. Anyway the other day after looseing 80 pounds I found that i can now take it on and off like the first day i got married 24 years ago. It truly was a good feeling and a great motivator to me to lose the other 50 pounds to my goal weight of 180lbs.
Most Active