HUNGRY AS HELL

Tremellia
on 5/7/09 9:41 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hey Bandfriends....pardon my language but I am F*****NG STARVING TODAY!!!!!  I am sooooooooooo hoping that it's b/c I didn't get in hardly any protein...I thought I had some protein shakes at work and I didn't....so I had 2oz applesauce for breakfast....2oz of beans for lunch, and then around 2 I couldn't take it anymore and had 4oz of sugar free pudding....I ended up working overtime and just got home....I AM SO FREAKIN' HUNGRY.  I am only 8 days post op, but I just thought that we wouldn't feel hungry.  I'm getting ready to drink a protein shake now!  Do you guys get hungry???/ Did you get hungry only 1 week post op????  And eventhough 2oz isn't much, I so wish that I could have it for dinner, but I already ate those 2 oz, plus 2 more....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ceedott
on 5/7/09 12:38 pm - PA
i'm still sore when i sit up.. why?
Farmgirl58
on 5/8/09 10:53 am - AL
Hi, I have not had surgery yet, going for the Realize Band, but am on the 10 day presurg diet....liquids, so I can relate to how you feel.  I found the Special K protein water helps take the edge off of hunger....I bought the individual packets and add it to my own water....you might try to keep some of them in your desk at work, or some where handy.  I eat a lot of jello, and try to drink plenty of fluids.  Also chicken and beef broth helps with the hunger.  hang in there girl, you can do it.....Are you on full liquids yet?  You might want to call the dietician to see if she can suggest something to help you.  Best wishes and hang in there.  Farmgirl58
lisawtl
on 5/13/09 2:24 pm
I got out of bed tonight to come to this board with the VERY same questioN!!!!!  I am 7 days post op, and I was about to die with hunger all evening.  I went to KFC and got mashed potatoes and extra gravy.  I watered down the potatoes w/the gravy so that they were the consistency of a milk shake and man, did I eat.  Now I am hungry again, so I came downstairs and had 1/2 a slimfast.  I *think* maybe being hungry means we're healing.  There's not much restriction in our bands yet, so maybe that's where the hunger comes from.  I don't know, but I must eat.  So I'm going to try to make better choices than KFC potatoes and plan for these hunger attacks!!!

Good luck!
whatever01
on 5/16/09 2:05 am
I don't even normally like mashed potatoes and gravy, but they've been a God-send the last couple of weeks!

I've also been craving spicey stuff, so I mashed some refried beans and poured some Taco Bell taco sauce in them to thin them out and that was so yummy!

Tina J.
whatever01
on 5/16/09 2:02 am
Hi Tremellia,

My name's Tina and I'm 16 days post op and I am hungry a lot of the time too.  I find that I'm falling back into old patterns too:  eating really well all day and then bites while cooking for my family and a little too much for dinner...  I'm a little worried about it, but mostly still very optimistic that the appetite will diminish when we get our adjustment.  My first adj is scheduled for the 27th and I'm so ready!!!  I've lost 38 lbs, but 31 of it was prior to surgery, so I'm feeling really good already, but ready to get it moving again!!!

I haven't been real good about making sure I get my protein everyday...  You think the protein helps to curb appetite?  I may need to do a better job of getting it in!!

Tina J.
Tremellia
on 5/16/09 7:20 am - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks everyone.  I think that we'll get better when we get that fill.

Most Active