Why did I have the band done? Very frustrated.

seayc
on 5/15/09 12:30 am
Yes, muscle is heavier than fat.  With your workout you have to loose fat.  Use the scale once a week on the same day at the same time.  Get a fill if you are able to eat more than a cup of solid food ( not ice cream or cake washed down with milk)  I am not suggesting you do this but I did.  Adjust until you reach that sweet spot.  1/2 to 1 cup of food and full to the brim.  YOU HAVE TO LOOSE FAT AND WILL GAIN MUSCLE WITH THIS INTAKE OF CALORIES.  You may even need more protein with your workout..  Not enougn protein and the body stops loosing weight.  Hope this helps and Good Luck you will get there.
BEACHCAT
frankh
on 5/21/09 7:43 am
you may want to try to cut back your calories to 1000 to 1200. do not cut back on your exercise! believe me when you only eat 1200 you will not gain muscle mass. eating 80 grams of protien will only maintain the muscle that you have. 10 years ago i was heavy into bodybuilding. past few years i got severly depressed and ballooned to 300 pounds. I got my band on 11/08 and have lost over 80 pounds. I eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day, i keep track of every calorie.buy a good calorie book like the calorie king. you can get it at barnes and noble.I exercise every day,1 hour on the treadmill daily. Half an hour lifting weights every day.I work different body parts each day ,that way you wont overtrain.Keep your chin up ,you can do this!
Most Active