3 weeks post op

1firstlove
on 5/1/09 10:30 pm - GA
I'm am 3 weeks post op and my port site is still a little sore is this normal?

Michael Eak
on 5/1/09 11:15 pm - Largo, FL
Have you've had your Post-op Check-up with your surgeon? Was this brought up there? I ask as my Port site has never been sore from reaching my room after recovery till now. call your surgeon's office with this concern on Monday. Call today if it can't wait.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 7:42 am
my port is still alittle sore especially after doing ab work. my doc said, its because of the anchors that are in the muscle to make sure the port does not flip. if its unbearable please call you doc. dont be afraid to talk to him or her, thats what they are there for
Ashley A.
on 5/2/09 7:52 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
My port hurt for about a month after. It hurt to sit straight up for so long so eventually I would have to lie back to ease the pain. It still hurts every now and then if I exercise to hard or lift something too heavy. It only hurts for awhile usually and its kinda like a short stabbing pain. If its unbearable I would definitely call your doctor.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

1firstlove
on 5/2/09 1:23 pm - GA
The pain is not unbearable just a little tender.
Jackiepurs
on 5/5/09 6:04 am - Carbondale, KS
I'm 2 weeks post op and my port site is a little tender still also.  I think it's perfectly normal.  Also, when I sit straight up it tends to hurt a little more.  Just hang in there.  Surely it will get better! 
Most Active