i'm banded

ceedott
on 4/29/09 8:39 am - PA
just got home about 2 hours ago and i'm in pain. took some pain medicine and i'm going to lay down. question? am i suppose to be having a hard time like this?
tbines401
on 4/29/09 11:57 am - Columbia, SC
congrats on your new band, What hard time are you having? I used the medication a little for pain but my worst time was the gas. You have to walk around and don't lay around because the gas is very painful. Good luck and hang in there you are on your way,
ceedott
on 4/30/09 11:55 am - PA
i'm just having pain getting up and down its kinda hard but today i feel alittle better.
mochasoul
on 4/29/09 12:33 pm
Congrats to you....

You should some expect some minor pain for a few days. However  try to walk as often as possible and drink Mint tea to help with the Gas. It works really well. I will pray for comfort for you.

Let the journey begin.....
D-Lovely
jennitho21
on 4/29/09 4:04 pm - Fort Huachuca, AZ
You should not be in extreme pain but anything that causes you to use your abdominal muscles is going to be painful for a while but your pain meds should at least take the edge off. The gas pressure in your tummy and in your chest is normal and very uncomfortable, it will subside but definitely get up and move around, I tried to get up and move around at least once an hour while you are awake. For me sleeping was uncomfortable for the first several days so try to sleep propped up on pillows or in a recliner that seemed to help me.  I discontinued my pain meds on day 4 post op but I continued to have the gas pressure for about 6 days. It will get better I promise but if the pain becomes unbearable I would call the hospital or your surgeons office right away b/c you shouldnt be in extreme pain. I wish you a speedy recovery!!
-Jen
  SW-276/CW-182/GW-150
Ashley A.
on 4/29/09 5:12 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!!! 

I was in some pain when I arrived home. I stayed in the hospital overnight. For the gas pain make sure you walk around then also make sure you are doing your breathing exercises with the incentive spirometer, they should have sent you home with one. That helped me the most with the gas pains. I was only in pain for a few days usually just when I moved and got up but I couldn't lie down for the first couple of days because it hurt so bad to get up so I just piled a bunch of pillows on my bed so it kinda helped me sit up. I hope everything goes well. Good Luck!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Tremellia
on 4/30/09 4:13 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I had my surgery on the 29th and I'm super sore too....I think it's all normal.
corgiaunt
on 5/3/09 10:25 am
I had my surgery on 4-29-09, too!  I still have gas pain in my stomach.  I am going to work tomorrow, ugh.   I am also having head hunger.  I miss crunching on food.  I feel full after I drink my shake or eat oatmeal.  I am on full liquids. 
crystalglass_33
on 5/1/09 5:43 am - Waterloo, IL
I'm glad you're feeling better. I was miserable for about a week. I had a c-section w/ my daughter and I didn't remember being in SO much pain... I cried for a few days and the pain meds did NOTHING. It will get better though and you'll feel just like you did before, except healthier and on your way to a new you :)
destinydog
on 5/1/09 12:46 pm - hopatcong, NJ
i felt like **** for about 5 days.. thought it would never end.. but it did. the more i walked around and moved the better i felt....although alot more tired.
Most Active