Port pain?

zparticle
on 5/5/09 1:05 am, edited 5/5/09 1:06 am
They don't erode the band they, apparently, are linked to cases of the band eroding into the stomach.  It is the stomach that is eroded. I'm not a chemist or a doctor so I can't tell you why.  Again I'm simply passing along what my surgeon's rules are.  Also you can find many references to this by doing a Google search for: nsaid band erosion

I suppose they could just be being very cautious.  But better cautious than risk a life threatening complication.
Butterfly618
on 5/7/09 9:07 am - NJ
I agree with you. I have RA and that NADS all the time. I was cleared for do so

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

zparticle
on 5/7/09 9:22 am
I'll say it again:  I'm simply passing along what my surgeon's rules are.  Also you can find many references to this by doing a Google search for: nsaid band erosion

If your doctors are saying you can take them, knock yourselves out. I was just trying to be helpful by sharing info.
Butterfly618
on 5/7/09 9:31 am - NJ
I'm sorry I read my post again and it seems that I came across a bit nasty. I want to convey my apologies for that was not my intention. And you are right each patient has there own relationship with their Dr and each Dr does thing different. I will have to bring up this question in full detail to my Dr. Maybe it is something I should keep an eye on.

You seem like a nice guy and I was wrong to come at you like that please except my apologies and forgive me. I hope we can be friends

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

zparticle
on 5/8/09 1:30 am
Thank you, I appreciate it. :)
Most Active