Sweet Spot

GAPEACHES
on 4/17/09 3:58 am
How do you kow when you have found your sweet spot?  Are you not able to eat any bread, rough meats, etc?  I know each individual is different, but how many pounds have you guys lost since surgery?  Only interested in those 6 months or more out of post surgery.

Thanks in advance your replies. I am looking for some encouragement. 

God Bless

wildheart63
on 4/20/09 4:56 am - IL
i am at my sweet spot after 4 fills,i have 7.72cc in my 9cc band. i was close before this last fill, now i am full on about 1 cup of solid protein .....i get a soft-stop...a hiccup/burp and i know i'm done.....and like you said everyone is different and you will just know!
i have lost 24lbs ...and 13 inches.....now that i am at my sweet spot the scale will move more....the inches lost is important too. so keep that in mind.
lori

Officegirlblues
on 4/22/09 12:59 pm - Jackson, AL
Your sweet spot is when you are getting the maximum use out of your band with minimal complications like food intolerances. Your quantities may be different than others. At the moment, I can only hold about 1/4 cup of solid proteins like chicken. Slightly over that for liquids, though. I have some food intolerances and you may find that things you used to depend on won't go down any more. But, there should be no discomfort. I think I am a smidge past my sweet spot so I might get a tiny bit of fluid removed on Friday. My clues to this have been basically a severe increase in heart burn and acid reflux, increased intolerance and headaches... not to mention discomfort at night when I sleep. I think I was right at my sweet spot before my last fill so we'll see on Friday. I'm 14 months out of surgery and I've lost about 60 lbs. + or -.

Keep in mind that your sweet spot will likely change over time. It may work for you for a while, but like any other treatment plan, you will need to stay on top of it and be open to the fact that it might need to be tweaked to keep up with it.

Take your time getting there and definitely pay attention to the changes between each fill. I thought my sweet spot would be this euphoric place full of sunshine and butterflies (lol) but in all actuality, it was definitely an adjustment! There is no fudging in sweet spot land. Food is chewed and rechewed, even the tiniest bite, and you'll go slow or pay the penalty! I had gotten lax on my eating techniques but my band put me right back in my place and reminded me that it wasn't going to do all the work by itself! Discomfort is a great motivation for behavior modification.
Most Active