Recent accomplishment - Lost only 3 pounds .. but I am happy !!

Tom C.
on 4/16/09 11:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Ok .. time to end the week on a GOOD NOTE. Please share a recent experience that has made you feel positive about yourself and/or weight loss.

Here’s mine:

Since last month, I’ve only lost 3 pounds. While some folks would be despondent - I am elated. Those 3 pounds brought me to a total of 160 pounds lost since the beginning of this journey - 16 months ago. That’s an average of about 10 pounds a month. I can live with that (or actually live WITHOUT that)!! That brings me to yet another milestone (275 pounds).

It appears my weight loss has slowed to about 1 pound a week. I am still happy about that, for two reasons. (1) It’s still a loss, and (thank God) not a gain. (2) If I continue to lose 1 pound a week, I will hit my ultimate goal by next year.

Plus, I had the ultimate compliment this week. Wednesday there was a birthday luncheon for a coworker. About 30 people attended. This one retired employee came back to help celebrate. While making idle chit-chat the person asked which department I worked for. I said, the same one - and left it at that. I didn’t think too much of it. As the party ended, one person said “I gotta tell you - you look very good. How much weight did you lose?" I told them 160 pounds, and that’s when the retired employee yelled out “TOM!!". I said quizzingly “yeah". She said “OH MY GOD I DIDN’T RECOGNIZE YOU!! I thought you were a new employee who came after I left!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC". - Now while I know I will never look fantastic, I was thrilled to know that the weight loss has made me “somewhat" unrecognizable.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ddoe
on 4/17/09 12:37 am
You have done a great job and you do look fantastic! 
kellybmomof3
on 4/17/09 9:26 am
What an awesome story!  I've seen your pictures...you do look FANTASTIC! 
Kelly B
297/247/165

Summer Slimmers Challenge!

Most barriers to your success are man-made.  And, most often, you're the man who made them.  ~ Frank Tyger
Teresa_rn03
on 4/17/09 5:20 pm - Jasper, AL
I agree, You do look great!  My recent experience that has made me feel positive about my weight loss is that I FINALLY got my band placed on Monday!! (and have lost 4 lbs) That may not have been what you were looking for, but it is the beginning of many positive experiences for me! I can only hope for a 10 lb a month weight loss, that is so awesome!! 

Who else out here has some good news to share!! 
Tom C.
on 4/17/09 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Teresa,

That's exactly what I was looking for. Any loss is great news !! Thanks for posting !! And congrats on your band !! This journey begins with 1 step (or 1 pound) and you're on your way !! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active