Realize Band surgery next Friday....any advise?

clacognata
on 4/16/09 10:39 pm - Westmont, IL
I am scheduled to have a realize band put in next Friday....does anyone have any advise they can give me?  I lost 115lbs. with gastric bypass, and now am trying to loose the last 100lbs.....

Any advise would help.

Thanks,
Cara
Tom C.
on 4/17/09 1:50 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Cara,

The only advice I have is don't fret too much about it. You've already gone through WLS. And recouping from the band should be a little easier then when you had the bypass.

As with the bypass, to be successful you will need to adhere to your Doctor's guidelines. Don't try "moving a head" quicker then you are instructed to. And if something "doesn't feel right" CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

Good luck, and know we're here to help.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
clacognata
on 4/17/09 1:53 am - Westmont, IL
Thanks so much for the advise......I need the positive reinforcement!
Tom C.
on 4/17/09 1:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You're welcome. And I know you will be successful !!

More then willing to give you all the positive reinforement you need !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
clacognata
on 4/17/09 1:58 am - Westmont, IL
I just read your story, and it is truly amazing.........75lbs in the first few months.  Was there anything you did special...things that worked for you that you found out?  Things to help you more along the way?
Tom C.
on 4/17/09 2:10 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
The only things I did were: I adhered to the Doctor's guidelines INTENSELY, and I did not waiver from them. I did not give into temptation, which was hard at first but got easier. I went to support groups, and stayed active on the boards. And I did not get discourged when weight slowed or stopped.

Tom

clacognata
on 4/17/09 2:32 am - Westmont, IL
Thank you so much.............I am going to win this battle.......! ! ! 
Tom C.
on 4/17/09 2:54 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You certainly will.

Tom

Most Active