Pre-op diet. How did you get through?

ceedott
on 4/15/09 9:44 am - PA
hello i'm set for surgery on the 28th of april and i'm on my liquid diet and i'm hungry. i feel like if i can't do the pre how is things going to work for the post? what protein mix did you use, what multivitamins are good to use?
1firstlove
on 4/15/09 9:44 pm - GA
I didn't have to do a pre-op diet, and that may be because I lost 25 lbs before surgery.  I know they want us to lose before surgery to get our liver to shrink some so that may be the case.  Flinstone Multi vitamins are not bad the chewable kind and the body fortress protein powder can be found at Target. You will more than likely need to take calcium to and Caltrate chewables are good. I hope I was able to give you  little help. Good Luck and congrats on your date.
ceedott
on 4/17/09 12:54 pm - PA
thank you for the information
katcruiser
on 4/15/09 11:43 pm - Sherwood, AR
I tried to stay busy with work.  I found the protein shakes to help the most with hunger.  I liked Unjury shakes the best- chocolate, vanilla and chicken soup.  You have to order these so that may not help immediately.  For ones I found at stores, I liked the Atkins shakes.  I use a generic Centrum vitamin, I have no trouble taking whole pills but a lot of people buy the chewable ones.

You can do this!    It gets better after a few days.
Kat

Cina B.
on 4/16/09 4:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
 When I was on my preop diet I would drink every 2-3 hours.  In rotation of protein shakes and other sugar free beverages.  I lost a significant amount of weight.  I also take the Flinstones chewables and body fortress protein.  If you mix them with crystal light they are easier to drink.  
What I used to do is made the Crystal light in a 16 oz bottle of water then mix it with the protein powder.
Good Luck.
ceedott
on 4/17/09 12:53 pm - PA
do i start taking the vitamins now or do i wait until after surgery? and thank you for the great information
ceedott
on 4/17/09 12:54 pm - PA
i ordered the ungury shakes and they just came in. thanks for the information and encouragement
Mrs_Desire _
on 4/23/09 11:46 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
Hi There!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!

I just wanted to say that if you go on my blog you will see some of the proteins that I used to keep myself full. I found that Isopure protein water and Super Whey protein shots helped me out a whole bunch. I managed to loose 12 pounds off the pre-op diet.

If you have any other questions, fill free to ask me!

*D*

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Most Active